Commercial Inspection License

I am aware that InterNachi members can take the free online course for Commercial Inspections, Are you still required to obtain a license through the state as well by taking their test? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I went to Illinois professional regulations site and I am unable to find any information about requirements.

Zach,

Illinois doesn’t have commercial inspection licensing, but we will be there this summer with a five day onsite training course if you’re interested. The exact date is not set in stone yet, probably around the first-second week of August.

Most states do not require a license for commercial inspections, but others do. Don’t just check a website, make a call to be certain one is not needed (at that time). Things change all the time, and oftentimes stuff slips through the cracks. For this reason, I personally wouldn’t “take the word” of another inspector. You need to do your own “due diligence” for fact’s, not just opinions.

Also note, even if a State doesn’t require a license, a City may require a license or a permit.

To be clear… **Dale **is one of only a few whose opinion I would accept without hesitation. He **is **the man! :wink:

Thank you