Doing a 4 unit, older rental unit, today.
(See http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28565 for more “fun” details.)
Normal drop and a 4 meter box on the exterior. 4 SEs (NMT) going to the 4 panels under the back porch basement walkin.
- Ground was taken from a water pipe that was on the downstream side of one of the 4 water heaters. Suretest had the ground impedance at the best recepticle at 7.3 ohms. The main water line was at the front of the building, some 45 feet away.
- This “ground electrode condutor” entered the first panel and was connected to the neutral bus (Challanger, 100 amp panels).
- The neutral bus was bonded to the panel enclosure with one of those little clips.
- The three remaining panels had the neutral bus bonded to the panel boxes.
- All the panels were connected with EMT, that was properly bonded to the panel boxes.
Was ground continuity proper? Where all the panels “service equipment”? Is the bonding of the panels, only through the EMT enough?
Sorry, no pictures. (Hey! Learn to be verbally decriptive.) :mrgreen: