COMPREHENSIVE Green Building Course: Table of Contents

I have spent more time pausing in the last six months, :roll: believe me… I agree, agendas are everywhere. I’ve tried to make sure that information in the course is accurate. Who has asked that their names be removed from the IPCC report, Michael?

…and anyway, it’s not a Climate Change course. I think it was pretty brave of me to put that in there at all! :mrgreen: I knew I was going to be corrected.:mrgreen:
Check out the PV system section (lets change the subject). Nobody’s gonna complain about that! And nobody has passed the course yet, although three have tried and failed. Gotta study! This ain’t no fluff course!

From Michael’s link.

The debate over the environmental consequences of the ongoing rise in the air’s CO2 content continues as intensely as ever. With climate alarmists flooding popular media outlets with unrealistic horror stories of what the future will bring, the populace of the planet is getting a warped perspective of the issue.

Wonder if that is what he meant to say?

Marcel

Kenton, please understand:

1. You did one HECK of a job on this. No slam and greatest praises. NACHI is in your debt.

2. I used to do research (Physics, Nuclear Medicine, ran the cyclotron, etc) at the U of C. I know real scientific work when I see it. Must be peer reviewed and verified by others.

3. This Global Warming stuff is not. It is mainly a political thing, along with money (believe it or not) from companies (GE, Keer-McGee, General Dynamics, Hughes and others) to suck on the government teat and get money. It is all aimed as setting up a global market in carbon credit trading.

And do you know who owns a majority of the carbon trading company?

Mr. Albert Gore.

Nuff said.

It’s our best course to date… but wait… Kenton working on a log home inspection course for us.

Thank you, Will. I don’t discount, disbelieve or dismiss what you’re saying.

Mr Shepard
I just finished your course and passed 96 out of 100!! It took me 9.5 hours to go through the material (my head hurts). The final exam only took me 40 min.
I found it informative and engrossing, a lot of information. Thank You

Kenton, I want you to know how much I appreciate your course on green building. I will be taking it soon. Didn’t mean to steal the thread. My apologies. The whole global warming thing is sore spot with me. It has been evident for while now that green building techniques will be in all of our futures. We will have to continue to learn to stay ahead of our future customers who likely will be more desirous of this type of building. Thanks again.

Kenton, in case I don’t say it enough… Thanks. Just finished it. Wow!

Thanks Michael. It’s good to have an open forum and you have every right to express your opinion. I’ve learned from your posts and appreciate the time you take to participate in the message boards.

Another take on Global Warming:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071202/COLUMNIST0130/712020382/1007/OPINION

Dr. Richard S. Lindzen, the Alfred P. Sloan professor of meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and one of the world’s leading atmospheric scientists.

Dr Paul Reiter worked on a particular chapter of the IPCC report for some time before becoming frustrated that his objections to the text were being ignored. He resigned and asked that his name be removed from the list of authors but the IPCC insisted that he had contributed and that his name should appear. It took the threat of legal action from Reiter before the IPCC would agree to remove his name.

Why the IPCC should be disbanded(PDF)

Phil Valentine:

"Right on cue, the United Nations issued a report last week that made my point. The headline from The Associated Press: "Poor … "

What report? Hacks don’t cite their sources because they don’t want you to read the report and find out that they take out of context only what they can use to present their slant on issues. Phil’s whole piece is like that.

Here’s the full reportto which he refers (and has never seen), and it’s summary. Way more here than Phil wanted any of his readers to know about, none of which supports what Phil want’s his readers to believe. Phil skimmed this from AP writer John Heilprin.

Phil Valentine apparently can’t pull his nose out of “The Sleazy Columnist’s Handbook” long enough to read about Clean Development Mechanismsand what they’re designed to do. That’s what he’s referring to but not describing accurately.

What does he imagine CO2 levels in the US have to do with those in Bali? The quote by Lula Da Silva is meaningless and is only used to manipulate public emotion.

Next thing you know he’ll be ranting about the size of mules’s ears and how they DON’T collect dust no matter what Al Gore says. :|.)

Opinions are everywhere around these issues, but if someone (Phil Valentine) is going to express them in a public forum, they ought to be backed by facts along with sources for those facts, not brayed in a manner designed to gain support (more $ for his column) by riling emotions.

It’s about environmental education, not winning the argument on global warming.

Thanks Michael.
I just finished reading Dr. Lindzen’s Testimony before the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee on 2 May 2001.

He was articulate and I enjoyed reading his testimony. It made sense and had the ring of truth to it. He didn’t come accross as disgruntled, just unconvinced and more power to a qualified scientist willing to stand up and say what he thinks even if it contradicts popular opinion and might be detrimental to his career.
He gets my vote for the Brass Balls award for 2001.

As for Dr. Reiter… he’s Dustin Hoffman’s character in OUTBREAK! This guy has chased killer infectious diseases all over the world!

“I’ve also been involved in the investigation of various outbreaks for CDC, WHO, and other organizations around the world: a massive epidemic of dengue in Guayaquil, Ecuador; the first recorded epidemic of yellow fever in Kenya; an outbreak of hemorrhagic disease in southern Sudan; the Ebola outbreak in Kikwit, Zaire; an outbreak of dengue in the Amazon region of Ecuador, and so on. I tell you all this because in virtually all these studies, climate and weather have been a priority issue. In other words, for a person who is interested in the natural history and dynamics of these diseases, climate and weather are crucial factors, and have always been a matter of great interest for me.”

Couldn’t find the info on his work with and objections to the IPCC, though. Too bad. He’s like the Indiana Jones of ugly diseases. From this article it looks like the IPCC report, or maybe those writing the executive summary, may have tried a little too hard to connect global warming to the the global spread of malaria and other insect-borne infectious diseases.