Confused.

Just a thought Kathleen,sounds like you have worked hard on the Carson Dunlop course,and just have the one hurdle with the plumbing,I would try to touch base with george,ACHI,sounds like it would fit like a glove,with possible mentoring in place,Inachi and ACHI are co-operating with each other I believe,sounds like this would be the perfect track for you,Let me know how it goes.

Thanks Christopher, I have just put in my application here, and now plan to get back to completing the plumbing course. It’s a three month course if I remember right, it should be easier second time round. After that I will talk further with George about ACHI.

I look forward to being around here a lot more from now on, I really just needed a shove into joining I think, and the reception to my questions has been great.

Fortunately I am in a position to take my time over completing courses. This is no big hurry for me, the next step for me now is studying, and lots of it!

Just to clarify Alberta InterNACHI has incorporated “International Association of Certified Home Inspectors” so that we are a legal entity in Alberta and Canada. We have two seats on the Alberta government Advisory committee studying the need for regulation of home inspector industry in Alberta. No decision has been made yet.
We are operating as a Chapter, hence the name “Alberta InterNACHI”
All InterNACHI members should also become Chapter members so they will have a voice at the Advisory committee. If and when the government decides to licence HI’s we will be able to respond and have our members licenced without interrupting their business and their income stream.

Sounds good vern,will register.

Kathleen, I see you joined tonight. Log out of this message board, then log back in using your member username and password so that you get unmoderated status.

Bill which association is a union?

Thats right Bill why should PHPIC or NHICC be held to a different standard than CanNachi or ACHI, after all PHPIC has a president running a home inspector school promoting NHICC, and NHICC has a chairman who has an inspection supply company and CanNachi has president who owns and inspection school and its board of directors are teachers in that school.

As to ACHI it has none of the above conflicts! Thats a record you nor any of the others have only ACHI!

Yes lets compare apples to apples!

Nor does ACHI have its fingers in a convoluted siphoning scheme like CAHPI-OAHI/Nat. Cert.where fraud sure sounds like the watch word which quite frankly appears to have been taking place since day one!

[size=7]OUCH!!![/size]

Ok, all joined and rearing to go with some courses, after a slight hiccup with my password, of course, ughh, thanks for helping out there Nick.
:smiley:

Welcome aboard Kathleen!!!

What happened, Roy ?? Did you hurt yourself bending over to kiss Raymond’s rear end ??

Be more careful.

Okay, Raymond, let’s compare apples to apples, but stick to the topic at hand.

We were talking about publishing memberhip rosters…that’s all.

First of all, the NHICC is not an association, it is a certifying body which has registrants, not members. It’s Registrants are listed on the PHPIC website as a courtesy of that organization. The NHICC will in the future also list them, but right now the time resources have other priorities.

PHPIC, on the other hand, does very proudly list its members.

ACHI and CanNACHI do not list any of their members.

I also did not say any association was a union. I mentioned that there was a ‘union one’ which could be ACHI due to its obligations to the Teamsters. However, I heard that relationship is coming to a close soon, so I guess I won’t be able to make that connection for much longer.

Bill Mullen

So sad I and others have tried to get you to have a talk .
Unfornatly you have declined and when you get upset you say you are done and will not be back.

And when you do come back you get factious .
This happens when you find you are again shown up.
I look forward to when we all sit down and have a discussion .
Please when this happens Bill you try and be civil and respect all .

Kathleeen I am sorry your post has been hijacked .
I am sure you will find much help and many great pepole here at NACHI .
Most of us are so happy with NACHI and will defend NACHI from the NAY sayers . Thanks and if I can help please ask. … Roy

Thanks for the welcome.

Roy, unfortunately this constant bickering from two sides put me off reading these boards for a while, however I decided to put all that to one side and get on with my own agenda. Since I know nothing about the discussions you guys are having I am choosing to ignore it.

Maybe when I have some knowledge of these topics I can will have an opinion.

Kathleen
Unfortunatly ,we have a few who at times attack.
Most members want to help all, all the time .
Thick skin does having a lady remind us could be a great thing.
It works great in our house Char is good at that.
All the best … Roy

So Ray, et al, are conflicts illegal? You seem to be jumping to conclusions…
http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_201010_04_e_34287.html#hd3a

Likewise many associations/organizations have rules or guidelines that clearly specify how such can be properly and appropriately managed.

You seem to suggest that people cannot manage them. So kindly provide the facts to subtantiate those alleged misdeeds.

Absolutely and categorically false! You predicted that the Teamster were going to dump ACHI because they were upset with ACHI, that speculation on your part was wrong too.

I think I read somewhere that there is a recall notice for your crystal ball as they have been faulting in predicting future events. :mrgreen:

Bill

I do not normally get involved back and forths, I feel I have to today. I will only post on this subject once.

Through discussions with membership, all members will be posted online by end of August beginning of September. Whether there be one member or a thousand, we have nothing to hide.

Second I will ask you from refraining from false innuendo’s regarding our association with the Teamsters. I am in daily contact with them in person and by phone. At no time were they ever upset with us, in fact they are extremely impressed and happy with us and the direction things are going. The same can not be said about your comments.

Gerry

p.s. If CANNACHI were 15 to 20 times bigger than us they would be the largest home inspection organization in Canada.

Gerry:

I’m sorry but these are NOT false innuendoes. The statements are based on discussions I have had with some important Teamster people.

That being said, I’m more than willing to not say a word about ACHI again provided your President and his posse stop their constant mockery, misrepresentation and criticism of the NHICC and those running it.

How’s that for a deal ???

…on your last point, maybe CanNACHI is indeed the largest association in Canada. We just don’t know, do we?

Bill Mullen

Oh Raymond… you always pick the wrong team.

The fact you are making demands for ACHI and so called posse to stop the mockery is a testament that your so called facts about the Teamsters are false.

Nice try, we don’t take dictates from someone who has quite a history of embellishing the facts in order to build up a body that isn’t quite what it claims to be.

Thanks for clearing up facts from your fiction.