Congrats to Claude Lawrenson, MICB's newest CMI.

**http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affidavit

**I believe if you lie on an affidavit you could be charge with fraud or contempt of court or perjury charges.

I do not disagree on the issue of an affidavit - if it was brought before the court.

Equally I agree that the information must be more forthcoming from NCP National Certification Program. I see that as a matter of a future formal release. A large part of the last year has been a huge load borne on the back of the NCA board, and particularly the Chairs - doing this on a strictly voluntary system.

Claude,

But the National is selling a program not based on completed known documentation. It appears the horse is behind the cart.

This also calls into question the legality of those already certified, certified based on incomplete regulations, rules and policies.

The fact remains CAHPI members know more about Cert. than those not in CAHPI. That is a verifiable fact.

Why not release what info exists as a start? You want people to become Cert. but then withold info denying them their right to excercise due dilligence. We cannot debate anything else, such as affidavits, and rules et cetera until these documents are available for closer scrutiny. This is possibly why the National is not doing as well as alluded to.

Cheers,

Claude, perhaps you are willing to swear to a lie before th court. I and most other inspectors are not. Perhaps your word is not your bond. Mine is. If you are willing to lie to a sworn truth then you are certainly willing to cheat in everyother area of your life / business. I and many other inspectors are not.

Claude is the person I sent confidential information to and I asked him to keep it confidential and he admitted he gave this info to Bill . Claude is the person who challenged me on my using the National Certification after my name to prove I was allowed to use it and he would donate $100;00 to a charity of my choice well I did and I am still waiting for him to send $100;00 to the NACHI Charity.
Now who is not keeping their word.
Of course we all know I tell lots of lies Bill Mullen has posted that many times .
Of course we all know Bill always Keeps his word.

Bill has a big anouncement comming soon
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=166560&postcount=103

… Cookie

Roy - Now that you raise that issue - where did I indicate that I gave Bill that information?

What I asked is to prove that you are a national certificate “holder”. You sent me info. At no time was that sheet of information passed to Bill.

BTW: Why the need to mimick “national certification” if you really dislike it? Or was your intent to deceive? Certainly you must be aware that some similarity exist between the name you use and that title. It’s like a play on words with RHI of CHI. I honestly could care less - but it has caught the attention of others.

George - I did not say that I would lie. What I was trying to indicate is simply that the opportunity exists for such an abuse to happen. There is a huge difference between the two.

BTW: Have we once again hi-jacked another thread to tar Claude. Thanks for your short-lived congrats. It once again provide proof of the waste of time responding.

BTW: Does NACHI issue tax receipts for my donation. The answer I received was no.

("It once again provide proof of the waste of time responding./quote ")
You have made this statement so many times it is humorous ,but you just can not stay away as you and I know this is the only place that allows the truth to be told .
Too bad you shut down the CAHPI BB, OH! I expect you to say it was not you .
Claude tell the truth give out factual information answer question and stop trying to make others look bad and you just might find out ALL NACHI members are great
… Cookie

I do not worry about tax receipts if needed my cheque satisfies MY CA
And if not so what, to use that as an excuse is depriving those who need our help from getting it.

Claude

You continually fail to provide what you say you will. When challenged about the lack of info that is available to some and not to others you claim we are picking on you. Well perhaps you need to supply what has been asked of you considering CMHC is a public agency and they provided tax dollars. The way I see it with all due respect you are not in a position to pick and choose what is released. I assume it is therefore safe to state the documentation does not exist, and therefore the whole National is a con job without any form of accountability whatsoever, otherwise there would be no hesitation in providing same.

You really do try the patience of a saint.

“the whole National is a con job without any form of accountability whatsoever”
So much for the agreement to not attack CAHPI and the National Certification Program, Raymond.

Despite all of the attacks here recently against me, Claude, CAHPI and the NCA I intend to live up to my end of the bargain even if others are unable to do so.

There is a lot I could and should say in rebuttal, but I refuse to jump into the cesspool. Nothing is going to get achieved through this continual strife. I agree (and I’m sure Claude agrees) that there are some questions that remain unanswered, but if a bit more respect was shown by the ‘askers’ I’m sure more information would be forthcoming. Prefacing every question with an insult is hardly the way to elicit an answer.

Lighten up a little and you’ll be surprised what can be achieved.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia

[quote=bmullen1

Lighten up a little and you’ll be surprised what can be achieved.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia[/quote]

Bill mullen keeping his word would be a great place to start.

… Cookie

Bill

Whose attacking? I have asked questions as have others. If you consider it attacking thats your take. The fact remains that these documents are not being released for a reason. We have been told repeatedly by CMHC and you and Claude that its an open process but we continually seem to be going in circles.

Respect, I think I have been very respectful of you and Claude, I have not resorted to name calling.

Yes, I agree Ray has been very respectful. - So - thank YOU!

Sorry - but perhaps this may help. In general the info about the requirements are very public on the NCA-ANC website. In addition, the application form provides some additional information.

Most of the governance documents - now becoming NCA Policies are taken right from the CHIBO-2 final report, authored by the Management Consultants. Over the past year, the chairs - Graham Clarke, Ari Marantz, and myself and along with Bill’s Project Manager report - have all worked and contributed to co-authoring the NCA Policy Manual. With monthly and intially sometimes twice a month meetings the discussions and review by the NCA-NCC & NAC has helped create the foundations of taking the National Certification Program beyond the Pilot Project phase. The document will be presented for final approval at the CAHPI National Conference at our next NCA meeting. This has been an ongoing project for over the past year. Even looking ahead policy created today tends to become living documents that leads to change and reconsideration over time.

This will include a number of policies such as accredited training, logo use, renewal, fees, complaints, discipline and governance of the NCA. Being an ELECTED body the policy manual provides for uniformity and continuation of the management and organization of responsibilities and duties of National Certificate Holders.

The key points have already become public information. Additionally, the NCA has also appointed an “ombudsman” and also works with a legal advisor in formalizing agreements.

I wonder why you would post just part of the information .If you feel it is important enough to post that the NCA has appointed an “ombudsman” why ypu would not give their name . I remember when OAHI/CAHPI ( after my asking why they do not have one ) appointed one and refused to give his name for a long time .
Then they handcufed his powers buy insisting he report to the OAHI directors.
I would ask if this is going to be the same here but as per usual I expect no one is allowed to give out this information as per all the rest of the questions asked .
… Cookie

Raymond has indeed been more respectful than I gave him credit for. Thanks and sorry if I sounded harsher than needed.

Claude and I have truly been trying, and not just over here.

I hear that the NCA that will be elected next month just might have a NACHI member aboard besides those of us with multiple memberships. I look forward to that.

Bill Mullen

Roy:

CAHPI and the NCA are not operated like NACHI. They have Boards and committees that all have to review, argue and pass many motions begore anything is part of the ‘official documentation.’ I wish we were like NACHI and I could be like Nick and just decide matters myself with or without consulting anyone. It sure gets things done fast, and I have no problem with it because that’s the way NACHI is set up. Nick does not have to answer to anyone so he can do that, and more power to him…I’m envious. Fortunately for you, Nick cares about his members. It could have turned out disastrous like NAHI if he didn’t do everything he thought would benefit his members.

CAHPI’s leaders have to consult the CAHPI members on everything important. It slows down the decision process, but that’s the way it is set up. The same goes for the NCA. Decisions are always made by committees and not just one person.

The Ombudsman position has been appointed but I’m not sure they have officially accepted. When that happens, the name or names will be made public.

Bill Mullen

Bill and Claude,

Yes there is additional info on the National site, but still trying to find out about bylaws and discipline procedures, policy, who one is beholden to. Maybe within a short time that to will be available.

Thanks for the info. No hard feelings, like you I am passionate about the profession. I think that shows eh? :wink:

Bill the only information we get is your openion and claudes I am not allowed to give out that info.
You keep telling us how great the NCA is but still we look and plead for information. This has gone on since January of 2006 .
… Cookie… sick and tired of the same old no information.

Bill stated…

Now you tell us! You should have told us earlier about the decision making process. :mrgreen:;-):smiley:

Roy:

There is no more accurate opinion in Canada than Claude’s because he is the Chair of the NCA. Every bit of information crosses his desk except personal information about applicants. If he gives an answer, it’s the latest information available. I am likely not as current with information as Claude but in my advisory role, little is kept from me as well.

Who else would you prefer to receive information from if not the two people in Canada who know more about the NCP than anyone? We are also the only two who have volunteered volumes of information over the many months. You might not agree with the information all the time, and I confess we might have been less than friendly at times fora few reasons, but I assure you it is as correct as we can understand it to be.

As Claude mentioned, the NCP is and always will be a ‘living project’ so some things that are in effect now could be changed a bit in a couple months if need be. This is no different that the various amendments to the CMI requirements that in the end made it much more stringent.

I hate to argue, Roy, but we have not and will not be ‘pleading’. The NCP is voluntary. We now have between 400 and 500 inspectors either certified or close to it and that’s enough to provide service for the many government and other services that will shortly be announced. It would be nice if people applied, and I highly recommend it, but a figure of 500 makes me happy that we can meet the needs that are coming for only National Certificate Holders.

What we should be doing now is forgetting the battles over CMI, NCP, etc. and concentrate on making the industry more professional and respectable. I know Raymond won’t like this, but I recently met with some government people who said that in Ontario alone there are more than 3,000 people who call themselves Home Inspectors. That means that 1/2 to 2/3 of these are not members of any association. We should be combining our resources and convincing these people to take courses and training and get some kind of valid certification. (I didn’t say where)

Bill Mullen

Bill Mullen