Congressional Shooter Was a Home Inspector

You have not listed even one reason to reject his CMI application as long as his check cleared.

Why do CMIs need one? Most of us CPIs would pass a background check too. Maybe we should have all InterNACHI inspectors get one. Then the world would be a lot safer.

Nick is making claims he can’t back up. Think snake oil.

Was it he was crazy before he joined ASHI or did it happen AFTER? hummmm.

Background checks are good but many nut jobs don’t crack till later. Heck I have worked in Public Safety and we have Background checks, Family interviews, house visits, and psych evaluations and we still get NUT jobs.

Best thing to take from this is this, you don’t have security, you have to protect yourself. You should ALWAYS be ready and ALWAYS know what is going on around you. Always remember when seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

For sure! Or hours away depending on your location.

Quote of the day :smiley:

Why we should DEMAND RECIPROCAL CONSTITUTIONAL OPEN CARRY NOW !!!

They crazies are not going to stop so WE MUST BE READY AND MENTALLY ABLE TO DEFEND OURSELVES AND THE INNOCENT. Even the Cops will tell you to carry if you can and having to hide a fullsize suitable pistol in S Florida Heat is Ridiculous.

This is Really poor taste using this tragedy to try and promote CMI.

makes you proud, eh?

He isn’t talking about me. I’m merely arguing in favor of background checks. InterNACHI doesn’t require them, so I think I’m in the best position to be an advocate for them.

Larson is just spouting off as he always done. Internet troll always has something to say.

Talk about being innapropriate no one could be more so than he has proven to be for as long as I have been around.

I think they actually did background checks on us dumbasses that allowed licensing to go into effect in our State.

I know I had to be fingerprinted.

Get lost meeker.

Nick claimed the DC shooter would not pass CMI back ground check.

Nick knows he is wrong. Pay attention. You might learn something.

Naaa you are just too interesting…:roll:

You will never be 1/4 of the Man Nick Gromicko is nor help as may home Inspections in your entire life as he has.

Never made claims I couldn’t back up either.

I’d have to agree here.

Before becoming a home inspector, I took a forensic accounting class and studied up on the possibility of becoming a fraud investigator.

The one thing that came up over and over again is more people who commit fraud and crimes had no intention of doing so, until they did it.

Most crimes occur because the opportunity presented itself.

Although criminal background checks are nice, they’re not full proof.

I agree. Not fool proof, but they are better than nothing.

lololol

I work with radioactive sources and often enter restricted areas on military bases. I also have access to nuclear power plants. The background check I go through can take months. Thankfully I have nothing for them to find so mine goes through pretty quickly. I have DOJ Secret security clearance. TWIC Security clearance and FEMA security clearances. In addition I have an annual corporate back ground check as well as Marathon site specific back ground checks. I am allowed no secrets in my profession. DOJ asks references what my eating habits are. They asked my wife if I had ever cheated on her. There is no stone they will not turn. Background checks will work if they are done properly.

True, You win. I shall now get Lost from Here" this thread" :slight_smile:

See I even admit loss.

Here in Alberta, a background check by the Alberta Government is required in order to become a home inspector…