Considering Career change in Colorado Springs, Colorado

Originally Posted By: James Nelson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am considering a career change to HI and have been investigating the education and certification required to make this change. I have a good general background in construction and have built several of my own houses over the years. My formal education is in mechanical engineering although I have spent the last several years developing software for telecommunications. From a business standpoint I am trying to find out how saturated this area is. Obviously, if this area is already saturated then it may not make good sense to make this move. Also any pointers toward good schools in the Denver/Colorado Springs area would be appreciated.

Originally Posted By: bhendry

James,

In terms of a school, consider the ITA Tampa, FL facility. You will appreciate Mark Cramer since you are an engineer. I don't own stock in ITA, but as a fellow engineer I can tell you they do a pretty darn good job.

Regards,

Bill

Originally Posted By: ekartal

James,

My parents are from Colorado. I can tell you that the Denver-Colorado Springs corridor (use to be seperated by small ranches) is perhaps the most rapidly growing area in U.S.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: dbowers

The head instructor for PITI in Kansas City (800) 533-7973 is a licensed PE and structural engineer. Two of their other instuctors are engineers (1 is a civil and 1 is a mechanical). All have spent 10-15 years experience as home and/or commercial builders plus over 10 years each as inspectors.

They run 1 training class every 2 months and only take 6 students. They're picky about students - they turn down more than they take.