Contest! Name that fitting!

Name that fitting!

Bragging rights to the first person who can identify the fittings here and tell how they are used.

lol…Bonding and Grounding Fittings??? well thats what I call them anyway…Designed to ensure an effective grounding and bonding path of energized parts…for a SHORT answer…lol…

When I go to the supply house Joe…I just POINT and SMILE…I am new to this electrical gig…:wink:

LOL!

You and Joe are having too much fun today. :smiley:

AHH…you want all of them named…lol…SNAP…I see connectors as well…ground screws…GESH…man thats too much work for me on a Sunday…lol

lol…Yep…We just LOVE what we do…

And we appreciate the fun learning experience. :smiley:

Man their are Grounding Clamps, Grounding Bushings, Bonding Bushings, Grounding Screws, Grounding Clips, AC Connectors, Double Connectors, Standard BX/RX Connectors, grounding and or bonding lugs, sample of a terminal bar and you name it…quite a collection…

All of which ensure proper bonding and grounding, support for some in regards tot he connectors…which are metal so they are also part of the bonding and grounding equation… and well…just a nice hodgepodge of fittings…:slight_smile:

no doubt Larry…many can learn alot from our playful banter if that take it constructive…:slight_smile: everything is about education…we THANK the members for allowing us “Electricians” to comment and post our experience…hoping members learn a tidbit from it…even while we are just having fun:)

OK, what about the “douggle” fitting and what do the two holes allow?

lol…Heck Joe…I do not recall the name " Douggle “…lol…but I will guess you are refering to the 'Double Connector” and the holes are for set screws to AC cable…lol…

Assorted ground/bond fittings frequently used improperly.:twisted: :slight_smile:
Including my favorite, the weaver clamp.:smiley:

lol…I like that remark…:shock:

Ok…JOE…I am REALLY wanting to know what a " Douggle " is…18 years of NOT knowing what one is will be the death of me…and you BETTER have spelled it right…lol

I’m no electrician so I cannot name them all but I could say how most of them are used except for a few that are not very distunguishable in that pic.

From the images I have used most all of them from time to time…BUT I have no IDEA what a " Douggle " is…I know what a Dongle is…I have 2 for my computer…lol…

OK, douggle was the name my dad gave to this fitting we used for two BX cables, and the holes were for inspection of the “RED HEAD” or “AntiShort Bushing”

DANG…Atleast I PICKED the right fitting to comment on…lol…and I did not even know your DAD…thehehehe

So TECHNICALLY I WIN…theheheh

Let me think about if for a while!

lol…RIGGED…how was I to know your DAD’s name for the fitting…thehehehe…

Remember…we dont use the term “Red Hat” down here…lol…so I am at a disadvantage…BUT got the fitting correct…thehehehhee…

Not “Red Hat” but “Red Head” They come in a small plastic bag attached to a roll of Type AC Cable “BX”, OK You win!