Convention Start

Mario,

Pleasure meeting you.

Vern, see you there.

Mario,
How I recognise you???

David

Ask Nick, Deanna, Lissa, Ray, or Roy…to point me out.

Bill Mullen has a great presentation on the National Certification .
He did a great job unfortunately even though he did move right along and tried to skip over some of the pages it still was a little long.
Most of the questions where from newer inspectors as many experienced Inspectors seem to just listen.
The feeling I got is that there is little interest in the more experienced Home Inspectors in the NC.
There is still not much information being given out and some of what was said to me is wrong.
He again said that there has been $2,000,000:00 spent and how much CMHC and others Had given to CAHPI, I would love to see some confirmation on these figures.
From what I can remember it is closer to $200,000:00 over the last 11 years.
Bill admitted there has been much Resistance to CAHPI members paying $500:00 and non CAHPI paying $1,100:and that even though he felt it was fare there could be an adjustment to these fees.
I still feel the difference in fees is to try and force any who wish to be NC that they must join CAHPI.
I am getting the feeling there seems to be some thing wrong as there is little information is being released , it seems the 97 numbers talked about many of these are not practicing home Inspectors .
Bill talks about about there being 1500 by the end of 2008 ,
I do think that most Home Inspectors have very little Interest in the National Certification and I expect it will just slowly fade away.
There has been a large amount of Canadian home inspectors come to the Convention.
It is Obvious both CAHPI and OAHI Directors want nothing to do with NACHI as the offer for free booths was not taken up on and they sit empty.
I did not have any OAHI members tell me they had been notified of this convention by their association.
It is fortunate that the OAHI/CAHPI are able to visit this BB to keep in touch with much information that is not being given to them by their own Associations.
This convention has confirmed that there does not have to be huge fees charged to the attendees to make a profit , and that charging one price for all is a fair way to treat to treat all home inspectors.

I am the one with Peg, my loving wife. Hope to meet you too!

Look me up Chuck another wants to talk to you I will be at front desk again this morning

Get ready for next year. This Conference has been fantastic .
Next year should be better . All home inspectors should be please to know we are doing it again only bigger and better .
Yes that is correct we expect it will better if that is possible.
more information to follow.

Raymond,
It was a pleasure meeting some of the guys such as yourself, Roy, Nick, Claude, Deanna, Mario.
I am surprised by your words above as I did post this myself on the OAHI cafe.
Obviously some are not reading the cafe themselves as I posted it a couple months ago.
Too bad as, although I could not be there long, it was well worth getting to.
Hopefully I will be able to spend at least a full day at next years convention… Read Roy’s post… next year as Nick told us himself… this is free.
Not to put one group down, but the reason NACHI is so succesfull is they put the inspector, (that is you and me and every single member) first.
NACHI wants it’s members to feel they are a part of something, not a JAFO.
(You have to watch the original Blue Thunder movie to understand that acronym)
I have talked our head office (Gene, you met today) to encourage all our franchise inspectors (currently 9) to join NACHI. We will be meeting in a week and I will be pushing this as I feel it will benefit everyone.
Although it is not over I think it was a a fantastic convention.
See you all in a year!!!

David

It was a pleasure to meet you and Gene!!! You definetly have to stay for more than half a day next year.

Hi David.

Thank you for introducing yourself, or did I introduce myself ? oh well, anyway it was a pleasure meeting you too.

It was also nice to speak to Bill Mullen several times as with Claude, Harry Janzzen, and Ron Nokes.

I sat in on the presentation by
Brock Ketcham - Project Advisor, Consumer Services Branch, Service Alberta who explained what is happening in Alberta with regard to possible licencing and how they intend to proceed with any oversight by consultation with all stake holders and by public input. He assured those in the room that CAHPI Alberta will not hold any more influence than any other association. All associations will have equal respresentation at the government table with regard to licencing/oversite/regulation that may come about as a result. At this point in time the goverment is not in any rush and if I understood Mr. Brock correctly things won’t get rolling until 2008. Anyway it was nice to hear a government representative state that everyone will have an equal playing field. And needless to say that is the best policy. Thanks to Vern for his efforts in this regard.

Also thanks again to all the vendors and the Nachi staff team who put this show together! It was great to meet such great people like Keith Swift, Paul Abernathy, Russell Ray. See you next year! :slight_smile:

Anyone know of the link to view Nachi TV?

Mario,
Not just the time, but I will take you up on that beer next year, and I might even buy you one.
Of course if I am really good I will get you to buy me two and me buy none.

Done deal David!!!

Ray

I didn’t know that we had one. This is what I have.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?pid=959173&T=1915

Mario,

Thats not it. I thought Nick said there was a link to take one to view live video from the conference?

http://www.nachi.org/torontolive/](http://www.nachi.org/torontolive/)

Thanks Bob, thats it.

No problem…good seeing you again…