COVID-19 projections, When will it end? (up to date models by state)

Sending thoughts from NY here. Hospitalizations are down, yet deaths are up the last couple days; The death toll is mostly representative of the people who were hospitalized in the past 2-3 weeks and did not recover - its sad. It does not account for those who died from the virus at home. The “good news” is that the survival rate is 80% of those who are tested and with a confirmed case; that figure would be larger if everyone was tested.

I am hopeful that our curve will flatten in the coming week and that we can start planning on the next stage of this new normal.

Be Safe Out There!

2 Likes

You can bet on I’ll try to buy up all drug supplies in his area :grin:

Salon Media is a far left media outlet trading on the public exchange for what they are worth…,one penny a share😂

1 Like

Jesus saves. Joey is an idiot. Are we clear?

4 Likes

That’s it? That’s your response to hard data?

What hard data?

The models that change daily?

Of course they change daily. Every day at midnight Greenwich Mean Time. It’s a statistical model, for pete’s sake. Each day when new numbers come in at 0:00+ GMT, the data is fed into the model and a new curve is fitted. My god, this should not be new news.

2 Likes

I am speaking of the IHME model that has always included assumed social distancing and has gone from 2.2 million U.S, projected deaths to the current 60,000.

That’s not a predictive model, its a guess or worse yet a political document meant to make you very afraid.

Actually the IHME model is a hospital loading model, not an infection prediction model. Trump is using the IHME model. The “get people to act” models are the ones along the lines of the Imperial College model.

LOL the one that changed drastically?

Fauxci and Birx cite the IHME projections daily.

Bad assumptions in can never produce useful results.

Yes, the IHME model is the one to follow, and the administration is relying on it exclusively. But every day at 0:00+ GMT, the IHME model is fed with data from the prior 24 hours, and the projections change. They have been doing it this way since mid February.

1 Like

Why? What wrong assumptions were used?

I don’t think you have a grasp of the IHME model. The real-time data isn’t static. It’s not like there’s a set of assumptions that are pushing a curve. This is a hospital capacity model, based on real-world historical performance and ongoing data collection. In other words, you shouldn’t look at the IHME model as an engine that runs on assumptions. It is an engine that runs wholly on real-world data collection. Now, the Imperial College model was definitely one of those engines-that-run-on-assumptions. But not the IHME. The IHME model is fed new data every day at 0:00+ GMT.

1 Like

And yet it once had far higher projections of doom and gloom on which real policy decisions were based.

Excuse me if the lack of grasp laughs at it.

Mass grave excavation and internments started this afternoon in NYC.

What a difference a month makes.

March 6 2020
“Anybody that needs a test, get’s a test, they’re there, they have the tests, and the tests are beautiful” “and the tests are all perfect, like the letter was perfect”. :crazy_face:

FF a month.

Wake up FAKENEWS.

You have been wrong for 4 years.

More active case testing tells you little. You miss those that have it 30% of the time.

Anti body testing WILL tell us something. Get it?

Just more misleading BS mixed in with some standard wingnut mis-information.

But hey, whatever floats your boat Dr. denial.

FAKENEWS is the true science denier with no plan.

A small reminiscing video for Dr. denier.

Many more to follow - America will never forget!

Ahh, the good old days - Must See TV.