CPI and Training

Good Morning from Colorado,

I joined InterNACHI several months back. I have no background in construction so I’m trying to take my time to comprehend all the training that is needed for the CPI. This brings me to my question. If I understand correctly, I can do all the CPI requirements, then sign the affidavit. After signing the affidavit a have 12 months to again complete the training requirements needed to become CPI certified?

What would happen if I didn’t get the training requirements completed in 12 months after signing the affidavit? Would I have to start over?

Thank you for any help. I’m just trying to understand the time constraints a long with understanding the material.

Thank you,
Matthew

1 Like

Why not start at the beginning and finish the course work it does not take that long and you would be done with it, It is not that difficult, good luck, and welcome to the forum, Matthew, Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Welcome Matthew, you want to email your question to education@internachi.org

1 Like

Will do, thank you Tony.

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Mathew!..Enjoy! :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, Matthew!

3 Likes

Welcome !!!

2 Likes

You get the CPI designation once you have completed the requirements and signed the affidavit. To maintain the designation you need to complete the required courses within 12 months. Good luck, 12 months should be plenty of time. Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

No. Your education team will give you an extension upon request. Just keep in contact with your education team. They are at education@internachi.org. All Internachi online courses that you have ever taken will count towards completing the certification requirements.
That’s the huge benefit of being enrolled in the only Home Inspector college at www.Internachi.edu.

4 Likes