Crawl Space or Slab

we are not allowed to take the front off of furnaces in Ohio…

4 Likes

What are they afraid you are going to see?

2 Likes

Is that something that rubbed off on you from reading to many of Park’s posts? LOL

2 Likes

You picked up on that eh? :wink:

1 Like

just messing Jeff we had former guest here that posted all kinds of crazy ohio rules…most of which I think he made up…

3 Likes

It went through my mind, but I didn’t want to Beetlejuice it.

1 Like

Haha! Not sure about you guys from Ohio anymore! :joy:

Are you sure now?: :flushed: :thinking: :rofl:

2-b

3 Likes

THANKS!
I was having a great day… … …

2 Likes

Marc, chin up buddy! I sent you a message, you can let me know if it works for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first take on this would be slab. Why run line sets and telecom around the perimeter of the house, when you could just run them in a crawlspace.

1 Like

No venting screams slab. Elevated slab. Pretty common in VA. I have never crossed a crawl space yet without venting. I have seen slab home with 5 courses of block at the high side of a home. I think the foot stomp is probably the best way to tell. Good advice.

Main water shutoff valve, main disconnect location should help you.
As well. Capped cast iron hub clean out in front of the sliding doors.

I have never seen a slab with CMU. Typically/usually the pour continued up 6"-8" inches above grade forming the shelf for structure and veneer.

Slab-on-grade foundations forgo the need for a basement foundation. A simple concrete pad on top of a soil substrate for the structure to reside. Pretty common in areas with a high-water table or poor soil quality.

Sorry for the edit. Writing a report while this came to me. I thought members might find this useful. THREE TYPES OF CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS

Slab on grade with shallow stem walls using CMU, sometimes they will use header blocks at the top course so it forms the perimeter for the slab at the same time.
It looks like this;

or like this;
Fig26_SlabOnGrad_1

3 Likes

Slabs with CMU are common in my neck of the woods.

Of all the slabs in this area, we have about 80% slab on grade, 20% slab on stem wall. Mostly on hills and water-front sloped lots.

Thank you all that was very helpful and I will add it to my knowledge bank.