Crawlspace crawlers

If the ROV misses an issue in this restrictive area, is it your liability while you are going above and beyond to inspect?

2 Likes

Good question. Maybe I can see it being an issue if you don’t properly disclaim how it was used and how you are not viewing or testing the areas firsthand…but with the proper disclaimers of the ROV viewing’s limitations, I can’t imagine anything holding up in a courtroom. Then again, I’m not a lawyer.

Just curious…Is anyone using a crawler exclusively for crawlspace inspections or is everyone still inspecting most the old fashioned way and just using the crawler for inaccessible areas?

I use this one too and I love it!

Ralph, I can’t imagine passing up an easy opportunity to see it with my own eyes and touch it with my own hands if it’s accessible enough to do so. The crawler is for areas where it’s just not practical to go myself.

2 Likes

I will always get in there when possible. Ive just had to many that could not be entered. I always give disclaimers on what is not visible, if icant get to it you will know if i can see it you will know. A picture is worth a thousand words and can cover your ass when needed.

But good point.

When I went to CO and filmed the crawlspace portion of the HoH, I talked with the then lawyer for NACHI and he helped me write a disclaimer.

1 Like

I bring mine with me every time I have a crawlspace. Used only when I cannot fit or it is too wet.

1 Like

You also need to deliver results that allow you to report on conditions you find with an UGV. Flooded entry point prevented my entry here.

3 Likes

Some good pictures, Scott… :smile:

1 Like

Good point when ready i will do that. Thanks for all your input Scott. Let meknow when you’re selling again if i have nothing still then we ca work something out.

1 Like

I would test the water first brother, you never know whats in it.

I call BS to that statement, but if that is what you need to believe, OK

2 Likes

Make up your mind… … …

2 Likes

Who’s saying the crawler is going to help for the one I can’t get in.

Just noting your inconsistencies

1 Like

You stated you can go every where it does, are you fitting in the vent opening? So tired of the same argument when someone new shows up. No you don’t fit, you disclaim it and move on to the next house. Video is for show, pictures are for dough. I give my clients a “visual non invasive inspection” (that sounds very familiar) of an area that all others cannot. Simple as that. I really do not care about your excuses for not having one. Comments from someone with no actual experience with using a crawler when needed mean very little to me, someone who has the most experience.

1 Like

This turned into quite the subject. Bottom line drones will give you the advantage of seeing what you can not get to. A camera stick won’t get everywhere and a person is not able to get in all places a crawler can get. Even if you can get in there, your not going to get out safety in an emergency. Thanks for all the input guys, time to move on. Keep it safe out there.

Vincent Marbella
A Better Look Home Inspection

1 Like

I don’t see why we can’t have a civilized conversation on the usefulness of a new tool. Talk about the pros and cons like adults.