Creating inspection fees

Not me. I don’t like seeing NON-members throwing out sh*t advice to new Members.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m planning to join this weekend.

For the record… don’t think that the same advice from a Member will get a better response from me (or some others).
Crap is Crap, and it doesn’t matter if it’s out of your a-s-s or your mouth!!
You’ve been forewarned.
:poop:

Steve, I retract my statement regarding doing local market research and controlling expenses to stay competitive.

So… you don’t really believe in what you stated, do you? If you did, you wouldn’t have backed down.

Good luck going forward!

I just don’t enjoy internet spats. It’s my opinion that understanding what your local competition charges for similar services is an important aspect of pricing.

Nobody disagrees with that. USING that information as a basis for setting your own fee’s without taking all the other more relevant information into account is a huge mistake that will likely cause you to fail in business.

I’m a general contractor by trade. I know what my competition charges. If your phone isnt ringing either your an asshole and everyone knows it or your pricing yourself too high. If your too busy it’s probably time to raise your rates.
Two other variables you can include in your pricing. Is the home occupied? If yes I charge more. Ask what the condition of the home is. Google the address too. If it’s on the mls there will be pictures. How bout street view? Yard full of junk? Yep price goes up.

2 Likes

A local agent sends me monthly newsletters. Every month I know exactly how many homes have sold near me during that time. You can use that information to see how much meat your getting off the bone.

Why do you charge more when you get to disclaim half of the stuff you cannot inspect? You get to move faster through the house.

“Creating inspection fees”
I just soak them for what ever I can get…Yep! :innocent:

1 Like

When Attic hatch is in the master closet and it’s full of clothes that’s why. I don’t use “personal belonging in the way” as an excuse to not inspect something. With in reason, I’ll move it. That’s what I’m getting paid to do, inspect.

1 Like

Yup, there’s a couple of you that charge more depending on “what side of the tracks” the home is on!!
And yup… I’ve ripped them a new arsehole many times for it!
Talk about having ‘sleazy’ business practices!!
:rage:

1 Like

That is why I carry CLEAN bedsheets, drop cloths, etc. to protect what I won’t move to gain access.

1 Like

I’m happy you found something that works for you. I too have my protocols and standards.
Now can someone tell me where the ignore button is?

1 Like

Mr. Soak’em has spoken! :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Soak’em Inspection Services :rofl::money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Depends, who do you want to ignore? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t move stored belongings or furniture, etc… :slight_smile:

No ! JJ !
I don’t care where their at !
I just soak them all! :smile:
Ya know I’m just messin’ with ya. Huh?

It’s up in the right hand corner close to “who give a crap”!
You guys and gals make me laugh…Yep!