Creative form of double trap plus bonus flex pipe!

This DIY arrangement should get a trophy, I think. It’s effectively a double trap, even if the first trap is just normal drain line.
Does calling out weird double trap and flex line cover it? Seems anti-climactic.
I really don’t know what they were trying to solve for with this arrangement. Maybe they were trying not to cut any pipes. I love the uphill roller coaster before the second trap.
I told the buyer that when he goes to take this apart he’s going to need a decent size bucket for all this stored water.
The house was almost perfect other than this.

10 Likes

…and improper slope? This belongs on the WTF! :rofl:

7 Likes

No sewer gas is gonna get into that home :rofl:

4 Likes

Great photo. Long live DIYers who give us so much joy.

9 Likes

DIYer solution converting a single bowl sink to a double.

1 Like

FUBAR …Yep!

1 Like

I would also mention the T fitting is not conducive to good drainage - subject to clogs. Also, the waste pipe does not appear to be sloped for proper drainage. Keeps us busy writing this stuff.

2 Likes

A good volume of liquid held back before dispersing over the trap weir.

Thank goodness they have that roll of toilet paper to hold up that right side connection. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

LOL!!! Never ceases to amaze me…the creativity of homeowners (or Larry, Darryl, and Darryl) making “repairs”. If there’s that many things going on we just call it out as an “improper drain, waste, or vent connection that does not appear to have been installed by a licensed plumbing contractor. Recommend qualified plumbing contractor correct defects”. We’ll flesh it out to add specifics if necessary but most plumbers in our area take one look at the pics and know what needs to happen. :slight_smile:
This was one of ours from last week…

3 Likes

SSSSSSUper drain! LOL
I bet the water makes lovely soothing sounds as it passes over those ridges.

4 Likes