CSST ran under floor covering

Has anyone seen this before?

It clearly doesn’t meet the installation requirements for either an appliance connector or for CSST.

1 Like

Nice! Looks like they used regular PVC for the water line inside the structure too.

That’s a no-no. :roll_eyes:

What are you all thinking is going to happen to the CSST if left the way it is?

Do we know there is no notching in the slab/subfloor? are floor tiles sitting directly over surface laid CSST? It’s hard to tell from the pics. The door would normally not open if they just laid the CSST and covered it with flooring. How would you like to see this fixed?

The slab had a notch. Flooring directly over the CSST is flush with the rest of the floor.

Simon, I wouldn’t assume unknowns, especially with some oddball installation that virtually invites damage when the appliances are changed.

What looks “odd” to “you” could be perfectly okay. I can think of 100 ways to damage what to “you” is a “professional” or “correct” installation. I’m still waiting for someone to explain what exactly is wrong and “how” to correct it. I’ve seen many on slab houses with exposed pipes both gas & plumbing in utility rooms. Maybe you could explain it, other than referring to it as “odd” :slight_smile:

Unfortunately you’re reply is intended as serious, Simon. You also need to learn how to properly use quotation marks so you don’t come across as Illiterate. Anyway, the gas line is rather obviously lying across a doorway under some flimsy tiles and exposed at both sides, so why the snarky cattiness on such a mundane question? Do you always explode at people you disagree with like this?

I can play “your” game, too, watch:

Learn the difference between your and you’re

Learn to read & follow the thread, the OP stated there was a notch in the slab to accept CSST.

David,

In general, when installed inside a slab (indoor), the CSST needs to be inside a nonmetallic conduit that exits above the finished floor on both sides at least an inch. The conduit needs a minimum of 1.5" of concrete cover above it. Some locales will not allow you to run gas line inside a house under or in a slab.

Thanks for the info. What about running it on the surface of the wall with some type of physical protection as opposed to chiseling out concrete?

You could, yes. Remember, CSST is crazy thin and is very easy to damage. It needs a chase or conduit anywhere it can get damaged. Beyond the common sense and basic rules, the AHJ would determine if protection is missing or installation in exposed location is permitted at all.

That’s an auto-correct problem, not straightforward illiteracy as in “your” case, Simon. Why do you take straightforward technical questions this forum might solve together as a personal challenge to your manhood? Cool off.

I thought this was about CSST, instead I ended up reading a Dr. Phill episode. Gentlemen, we’re supposed to be licensed professionals. Even you Simon, when on the forum as a guest, can be as professional. Disagreements are a norm. Let’s keep the idiocies in Washington.

Amen…