Dan Harris... Your association wouldn't lie, would they?

Dan, I see the association you belong to claims they are the “largest” on both their national and your AZ chapter site. Can you explain how they are the “largest” ? In what category?

Number of websites owned? Uh, No.
Number of chapters? Uh, No.
Size of message board operated? Uh, No.
Average attendance at meetings? Uh, No.
Number of educational events hosted? Uh, No.
Number of members? Uh, No.
Number of member benefits? Uh, No.
Number of web pages? Uh, No.
Number of hits? Uh, No.
Number of vendor relations? Uh, No.
Geographic area covered? Uh, No.

Uh… exactly how are you the “largest” ??? You wouldn’t be engaged in false advertising, would you?

:smiley:

[quote=gromicko]
Dan, I see the association you belong to claims they are the “largest” on both their national and your AZ chapter site. Can you explain how they are the “largest” ?

In what category?

Ohh my gosh nickey, I was just starting playing with my flir cam and this pops up.:smiley: :smiley:

Here we go… Think you can get this one up to 700 plus views in less that 3 days. :smiley: :smiley:

Number of websites owned? Uh, No.
What difference does it make if it only benifits you by getting new members?

Number of chapters? Uh, No.
Whos counting? Are you counting all chapters listed or are you counting chapters that auctally exist and had a meeting at all, or more than one meeting, or are you counting chapters that have 3 or more meetings a year.

Size of message board operated? Uh, No.
Size of board? I guess if you count BS as valuable member info you may have a larger board. If you count content of value, [you know something that provides a home inspector information that is useful in the field. :twisted: :twisted: I think ASHI comes in 2nd to inspectionnews .com

Average attendance at meetings? Uh, No.
Are you counting the first meeting or are you counting meetings five years latter, oh darn I forgot you only have what, maybe 2 years to go on.
From what I’ve seen with maybe 3 or 4 execptions, your chapter history after the 2nd or 3rd nachi meeting the chapter pres. either figures you out and quits, or goes out of business.

Number of educational events hosted? Uh, No.

How many attend your events more than once. From what i’ve heard locally guys attend the first local meeting to say yea, I’ve met oh nicky, :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
and never go back to another one, hmmm maybe thats because of the previous comments.

Number of members? Uh, No.
Whos counting??? ASHI remembers to subtract members that either didn’t rejoin or were suspended for failure to provide required CE info when they get audited or fail to pay renewal fees.

Gotta remember nickey, theres a [- ]and a + ] on the ole adding machine.:smiley:

By the way did you ever start confirming that members complete CE prior to renewing their membership, or you still just take a check and say, be a good boy or girl and dont forget to get some CE someday.:roll: :roll:

Number of member benefits? Uh, No.

I’d say that if your counting you may list more, from what I’ve seen ashi provides the most benifits that auctally benifit the member.
Gotta give you credit,nachi members do get their own nachi credit card, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: can’t get that from ashi. E@O from what i’ve seen, it’s not any difference if the inspector is doing any volume of work, so I guess if some one wants to pay to join your org and pay 289. for life plus the E@O fee they are getting one heck of deal.:smiley: :smiley:
Number of web pages? Uh, No.
Back to #1 for that answer

Number of hits? Uh, No.
Whos hitting, members to see who your bashing, or poential customers that want to use the nachi members service??
I know everday how many people vist my site thru ashi, do your members know that??

Number of vendor relations? Uh, No.
Are you counting people selling cigaretts,gum ball machines, advertize stuff thats free but not really free etc. :smiley: :smiley: or are you counting venders that ever member can use???
Geographic area covered? Uh, No.
If you count 8 members in PR you may have one up on that one.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
For some reason the spell check said everything was spelled rite. :roll: :roll:

Uh… exactly how are you the “largest” ??? You wouldn’t be engaged in false advertising, would you?

See above :smiley: :smiley:

Dan, I’ll take your total inability to list even one category where your association is the “largest” as an admission by you that you’re engaged in false advertising.

Thanks.

Nick… I was trying to be nice and discreet, and tried to avoid embarrassing you on the open to the public BB.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

At the bottom I stated see all of above, I left that in black so you wern’t embarrased .:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll try one more time on another important item.
You have to remember that adding machines have a {-] sign, not only a {+] sign when you provide member numbers. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
Auctal total count. I can’t answer for other states, I do know , AZ ASHI does have more members that have an actual working phone number.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Does AZ ASHI, like AZ national, count its come-only-with-cash, no requirements whatsoever Candidates as members too?

Unlike you, I do have the actual count and can demonstrate that ASHI is made up mostly of come-only-with-cash, no requirements whatsoever Candidates.

That is why when you type “home inspection diploma mill” into a Google search you get your ridiculous entrance requirements (or should I say… total lack of entrance requirements) application. http://www.ashi.org/inspectors/join/candidate_application1.htm Even Google knows you are a diploma mill.

However, even IF you count your come-only-with-cash, no requirements whatsoever Candidates (which I and anyone with any brains doesn’t), you are still not the “largest” and so guilty of engaging in false advertising.

Thank you for your public admission.

Nick, I don’t know the history behind you and Dan, But IMHO you have an awesome organization here, you know it and we know it, numbers are nice but don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things, the main thing is that you do a great job for us, we all benefit from your resources, and appreciate what we have here. Sometimes when gravity (ie: that which is below) tries to pull us down, we just need to pull harder and no response to gravity is required!

Michael said it well.

[quote=msaxton]
Nick, I don’t know the history behind you and Dan,

Heck nick and I are best buds.:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We just can’t agree on his marketing methods [ie.name calling of others ]
and can’t agree that nick has the super powers to certify an inspector.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Just yesterday he sent me another email insisting that I go to NM to see him next tue.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think I should get a check for raising his #s of hits on the BB,:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oh well, I guess that is another thing we would not agree on.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Dan, can you come? I’ll buy all you can eat and drink.

Ok, you guys are starting to sound like me and my girlfriend, Fight then make up,repeat,repeat,repeat:roll:

Only I would be willing to bet that our make up part is alot more fun!:wink:

I wish my name was Dan…because I WILL be there and man can I eat and drink :wink:

Just put on an “ASHI only” T shirt and Nick will take care of you.;):stuck_out_tongue:

Why is all this crap between Nick and Dan Harris on the message board, under the Educational tread?
My advice is that Nick quit responding to this guy - he’s just baiting you. You must have much better things to do.

Nick started this thread.

Well, actually, I may have, inadvertently.:wink:

Just a warning. Don’t get involved in this thread if you don’t want to be investigated and possibly kicked out of NACHI.

Darn it nick, I cannot make it. I’m booked all next week and into the following week due to national and az ashi’s phenomenal success of marketing their members.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If I did I would be a little concerned as I’ve seen photos with your trophy ashi members, [a little to cudly for me] remember I say we were buds not close buds.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
it’s ok with me if you buy tony [if I recall he’s a former az guy] all the food and drinks.:cool: :cool:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Dan, for the next major AZ ASHI meeting, one where you have a big turn out, I’ll buy all the food for the meeting… an 8 cut pizza. That should feed everyone who comes to your meetings and still have 2 slices left over. Last one left at ASHI… please turn out the lights.

:smiley:

Ya Ya Ya nickey… I’ve been hearing that for over three years now…

If you want to make an impression in AZ your going to have to pony up a little more than one pizza.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Last week end we went thru 5 gal of chili and over 100 hot dogs,
the Feb evening meeting we went thru 14 super size pizzas and still didn’t have enough.:wink:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Nick, I think you forget where Dan lives.:wink:

Last meeting I have any info on there was 45+ with some NACHI members attending for the CE as there is no NACHI chapter here. I think you will need more pizza.:stuck_out_tongue:

There was a guy you said was the next in line for Tucson chapter president but he seems to have got a sour taste as no one would give him FREE ride alongs.

I tell you what I will do.

I will call every NACHI member on the FAI list ( this weekend) and ask about there thoughts on reopening our Tucson chapter.

If I get 10+ people that will attend then I will get the banners and what not from Mark Thomas and crank it up.

Hows that sound?:D:D

We have the makings of a very nice chapter we just need to get together on it.

If you are wondering what happened to the original chapter pm me or give me a call.

Todd…If you can do one on the north/west side of town, I’ll come down, as long as nickey buys every one attending, food like AZ ashi does now.:slight_smile: :slight_smile: