Data about IR cameras

Been told by some I’m not a nice guy but if ya would like to know I use a FLIR T360;-)

Man am I glad you didn’t patent your process, I’d be in big doodoo otherwise. I think maybe you should patent walking roofs :wink:

Here are two leaks I caught last year when I first started using my FLIR EX320 (that to answer Bob’s questions about what cam we use).
The AC was broken, so did not have much temp. differential inside.

The first image was taken from the bedroom, had a bathtub on the other side of the wall. No access to plumbing (as is very common).
The 2nd image was in between the toilet and lavatory. On the other side of the wall was the 2nd bathroom with bathtub also leaking with no access to the plumbing.

Everyday… something. Was scanning, thought I saw something… bingo! Wall wet about 4-6" up from top of baseboard and about 24" each side of corner.

Posted Visual and Infrared would you have really caught it with naked eye? No puddle…nothing to catch eye with.

IR_0247 - Copy.jpg

Just keeping tabs here.
You don’t want me to start one of those which camera should I get threads now do ya.?

Tim ya really need to start using that cam a little more your IR JPEG # is only 240’s mine is 7800+ and that is on the 3rd camera

Nice catch though:D

Thanks!

I’ve clicked reset number thing a few times…

No spare us please and don’t go buy a toy either this is for all the marbles:mrgreen:

It did not matter if the A/C was working or not, dealing with cold water your delta T is almost automatic even in Texas;-)

[quote=“wmisegades, post:22, topic:82114”]

** I think maybe you should patent walking roofs ;**-
/QUOTE]

Maybe I should patent it. If I could just get Farnsworth on a roof my objective would be accomplished and I could retire. Had another nose bleed today had to wait until the frost was off what a bummer

Another… miraculous money-saving find for a client. And yes Charley, I’d taken more than 100 pics in the 4 months between. hah! :mrgreen:

IR_0109 - Copy.jpg

You are correct, but with a delta T the image would have revealed more details around the leak. I had a hard time focusing the cam since I couldn’t see anything except the water point.

I do lot of phase inspections which include final phases. Every now and then, insulation is removed for XYZ reason and never put back. How the drywall team can close it up without saying anything? I don’t know…
This was a $600K house.

Yeah it is tough to get a good focus on a wall that has nothing on it to focus to sometimes it is helpful to just place a object on the area you are trying to focus.

I had a blank wall the other day in the living room, shower wall was on the opposite side and was checking for water I laid the cable TV wire close to the wall so I could focus on it and it worked

Will not even know if I like using IR till I try a toy.
What kind of idiot buys a $10,000 camera just so they can sell it later if not interested.

Not into renting stuff either.

I somehow doubt I’ll be flying in helicopters checking international headquarter buildings just because I blew my load…ha ha ha !

Find it interesting the fan motor housing is less hot than the wire shaft above it.

Not less or more hot, just different material with different emissivity :smiley: .
Perhaps John M. could answer this… :twisted:

Ole hand print trick works great for this.

Besides, why are you silly inspectors focusing. You could have just bought an E4 for less than a grand and it will focus for you ](*,)

Jason Kaylor
President
AC Tool Supply
Net Zero Tools
877-207-1244
jason@netzerotools.com

Morning Jason

What do you drive F O R D:p;-)

I’ve got an extra camera you can borrow if you’re interested Bob.

Hey Bob, I’d take Linus up on it.
This cam is great, good resolution and you can get a second hand one for the same price as a new “cheap” lower resolution machine.
That’s what I did and cannot complain about it.