Daylight Savings Going Permanent

Heard this briefly while driving home the other day so looked into it. The US Senate passed a bill that would makes Daylight Savings Time permanent. No more having to change the clocks twice a year, except the US would be operating 1 hour ahead of the rest of the world… At least that’s how I understand it… Personally I think they should make Standard Time permanent year round, but that’s my 2 cents on the matter…
U.S. Senate approves bill to make daylight saving time permanent | Reuters

What say you?? Like the idea? Not like it? Could care less?

3 Likes

I don’t care which one they settle on, but I am all for getting rid of changing the clocks twice a year.

7 Likes

Canada is along with the US.

6 Likes

Yep! I work on an sleep/body alarm. Quit using those electronic things many moons ago. Right now, my get up to pee clock is still set on where it was two weeks ago. I’ll stick to my go to…

4 Likes

Haha, that works for most people.

4 Likes

LOL mine is set to between 2 and 3 AM most nights. :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

Well yea, but I’ve trained the brain thinking 3am is 7am. But the bladder hasn’t accepted the “training” yet… Go figure… :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m a big proponent of permanent daylight saving time. Here on the East coast it’s dark at 4:30 PM on the days with the shortest amount of daylight. It will be nice during the winter to come home while it’s still light out and not travel to and from work in the dark.

6 Likes

I’m all in for picking one and staying with it.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Not sure why JJ keeps popping into my memes…mind???

6 Likes

Yep. That’s him when a newbie asks a question that has an answer they could have searched for, LOL!

Edit: That’s probably me in a few years too.

5 Likes

I could go with that, too.

8 Likes

Last fall we had our Provincial and municipal elections and on the ballot was the question should Alberta remain on daylight savings time, the result, 50.2% not in favor so no go!! I heard a news story saying there is no interest by the Alberta government in asking the question again now. It is absolutely stupid, we should be on daylight saving time year round.

3 Likes

Here in Hawaii we don’t do daylight saving time so it bounces between 2 and 3 hours behind the west coast. I’d personally be happier only being two hours behind for things like NBA/NFL games and just generally dealing with people on the mainland. It’s pretty rough waking up at 7AM and it being 3PM on the east coast if you need to get anything done. At least there’s no suspense checking to see how my IRA did for the day. Flying to/from the mainland is also better when it’s only two hours.

3 Likes

What baffles me is that we have Standard Time 5 months of the year and what I like to call “Pretend Time” 7 months of the year.

So, they want to make “Pretend Time” permanent?

1 Like

That’s exactly what they are doing. Check out the link I posted.

I know, I was being facetious. If it were a referendum vote, I’m sure an overwhelming majority of US would vote for a permanent change.

2 Likes

I’m sure you are right. Regardless of which way they go with it. If it were to be on a ballot, the results would be interesting anyway…

1 Like

I vote to do away with time changes too. Pick one and stick with it.

3 Likes