DBPR and CE classes straight from their site

**Important Information (Hot Topics) **

Continuing Education Update

It is not necessary for Home Inspectors to take any continuing education credits (CE) to renew their licenses for the first renewal cycle. Only CE credits taken after August 1, 2012 will be counted for the 2012 – 2014 renewal cycle.
The Initial wind mitigation courses approved by the Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB) are listed on the Department website at www.myfloridalicense.com/
dbpr/servop/testing/documents/Hurricane_Mitigation.pdf
. This initial course can also be counted as continuing education for home inspectors for the 2012 – 2014 renewal cycle if it is taken after August 1, 2012. Other two (2) hour wind mitigation courses that meet CE requirements for home inspectors will come available soon.

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/homein/index.html see it here

Thanks Russell that is good information. I have been wondering how DPBR was going to handle it.

So according to the DBPR website there is currently 1 (one) approved course for the 2012-2014 cycle or did I miss something?

Jorge Urrutia, Joseph Rebuck, Francisco Ortiz, Gil Fernandez, Sanjeev Mangoli, John Farinelli, Dominick Scarfo, Francis Dupont

Some of these names are familiar!:wink:

In answer to your question Brian,

Yes, but you have to take it after August 1 to get credit for the next cycle. I expect they will have a new form out by then! :mrgreen:

Ya think.

I would ALMOST bet on it.

At least talks of the next revision.

Job justification man :roll:

I wonder if they require you have taken it after aug,1st too? You can’t take it before but have to have taken it immediately after!:roll: