Dean Gordon has Leukemia

[FONT=Algerian]NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE CHAPTER[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]LIVE FREE OR DIE[/FONT]
State Chapter of

[FONT=Algerian]The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors [/FONT]

NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE CHAPTER NEWSLETTER

January 12, 2010

Hi To All!

I received this E-Mail from Marcus Hutnick and I thought that I would relay it to our members in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine and Vermont.

I have known Dean Gordon for about 5-years. He has Leukemia and we thought that he had “beat it”. Unfortunately, it has come back with a vengeance.
Dean has attended about 99% of our State chapter meetings and I have found him to be not only a knowledgeable inspector but also a good, honest and decent man.

• He is an outstanding person and exemplifies all that is good in NACHI.

If you can help Dean in any way shape or form, I would ask that you do so. You can contact Marcus or me for further information.

Also I know that “times are hard” for everyone but more so for Dean and his family. I will contact NACHI “HQ.” so that we can set up an account where we can send whatever donations we can to help Dean and his family.

Here is Marcus’s E-Mail.

Quote:
Hi Frank,

Can you send this out to the NH NACHI Dist. and any other persons or groups that can help?

*Dean Gordon is one of our own N.H. Home Inspectors. If you know Dean, you will appreciate that he is a good man, husband, and father. About 6 months ago, we all learned that Dean has fought and won his battle with leukemia. *
Unfortunately, right before Christmas, the leukemia came back. Dean will need to go through many months of operation, treatment, etc. One of the family friends gave me the information below if you can help…

“Lowell General has set the dates for the bone marrow drive–January 14th at LGH Drum Hill, January 15&16th at the LGH main campus on Varnum Ave. All 3 days are 11am-5pm. Please come out and be tested–you could save Dean Gordon’s life or someone else in need of life-saving bone marrow. Bone marrow donation is not based on …blood type.”

*I will keep you all informed about Dean’s status. We will also be pulling together a donation to help out his family during these very difficult times. *

God Bless, Marcus

Mark “Marcus” Hutnick
Licensed Property Inspector/Owner N.H. License #51
SNH (So. N.H.) Home Inspections & Testing Services, LLC
603-571-0035 www.snhinspections.com](http://www.snhinspections.com/)hutnickmj1@comcast.net
End Quote:

Sincerely, Frank Carrio [size=3]CMI. [/size]
Certified Master Inspector & Consultant
Certified Commercial Building Inspector
Founder & President, New Hampshire State Chapter
The InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors {InterNACHI}

Chris McDonald, CMI
Vice President, New Hampshire State Chapter, InterNACHI
McDonald Home Inspection Services, LLC
Jaffrey, NH

NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE CHAPTER

LIVE FREE OR DIE

State Chapter of

**The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors **

Hello to All!

Some of you may or may not know that one of our own is deathly ill. Dean Gordon has been battling Leukemia for some time. Marcus Hutnick has been receiving updates from Dean’s wife and has been kind enough to share them with us.
Here is a copy of the latest update that was just sent to Marcus.

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a while since I’ve posted an update about Dean because we’ve been in a very dark place these past couple of weeks and facing this reality has been difficult enough, never mind admitting it to others. Unfortunately, the news has been grim and anything that could go wrong, has. Dean’s cancer is more aggressive than anyone thought and they have been unable to achieve remission–this makes the stem cell transplant very risky with poor odds for success. However, we are fighting on and he is now in the preparatory phase of the transplant and the stem cells will be infused on Thursday, April 8th. He is getting chemotherapy along with other “harsh” medications that pretty much wipe out his immune system and his own bone marrow in the hopes that the new cells will set up shop and new, healthy marrow will be the result–along with the leukemia being eradicated by the new cells.

Now, let me say that we have emerged from that “dark place” we were in. We just had take a step back, see our blessings and the hope that exists in each and every day. We have a lot to celebrate–the number one thing is the fact that Dean accepted God into his life! Yesterday was Easter Sunday–a day of promise–with that promise comes hope. Dean is still alive and where there is life, there is hope. We are not letting go of that hope. It’s what energizes us. Our God is a mighty God and in my despair I wasn’t giving Him enough credit. He has this under control and I will trust Him to do what is best for Dean and our family.

We are taking this one day at a time. We are staying positive–my friend Angie reminded me yesterday that this game is 90% mental–if we succumb to all the negative thoughts and grief, that will be the result. We have to see what we are praying for–and hope that our wish and God’s will collide.

So, please, continue to pray for us to always stay positive, for strength for Dean and those of us caring for him, for wisdom and compassion on the part of Dean’s doctors and nurses, for Dean’s body to accept the stem cells and for those cells to kill the leukemia and give a solid foundation for Dean’s wellness, for us to trust God, and for all of our family and friends who continually support us.

Thank you,
Love,
Michele

I am asking that ALL of you keep Dean Gordon in your prayers.

#1 Dean Gordon.jpg

Will do Frank.

UPDATE

Greetings All,
Just a quick update about Dean–he had his stem cell transplant last Thursday and everything seems to be going “according to plan.” It is a rough road and they have prepared us that his condition will get worse before it gets better, but they are optimistic for a good outcome.

It will be about 2 weeks or so before we know if the new cells are “taking” and at least 4 weeks before Dean’s blood counts have recovered enough for him to come home.

Please continue to pray that the stem cells work in producing good healthy bone marrow for Dean, that the leukemia is cured by the transplant, that Dean remains mentally and physically strong enough to continue battling back to good health, for wisdom and compassion on the part of his doctors and nurses, for us to remain faithful and trusting of God’s plan for us, and for all of our family and friends that continually support us.

Thank you,
Love,
Michele Gordon

Thanks for the update Frank, I’ll keep Dean and his family in my prayers.

NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE CHAPTER

LIVE FREE OR DIE

State Chapter of
**The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors **

UPDATE ON DEAN GORDON

Dear Family & Friends,
Well, I so wish I was delivering an update informing you that Dean is feeling well and on the road back to his old self, but it’s not so. The stem cell transplant has failed. Dean has decided not to pursue any further treatment, but wants to spend his final days home with me and our girls. The doctors had nothing promising to offer him–only treatments that would have had negative side effects or required us to continue to go back and forth to Boston–and any benefit of those treatments were very uncertain.

Dean has fought a tough fight and he opted for quality over quantity. We are remaining strong in our faith and have accepted that this is the will of God, even if we don’t understand why. We know that we will only be separated by time.
I wish I could say that our acceptance makes this easier–but, I would be lying. We are absolutely devastated and a part of me is dying with Dean. For 20 incredible years he has been my soul mate, best friend, partner … he has loved me like no other … and I, him … we have loved parenting our children together … just loved everything about our life. As painful as this is, I wouldn’t trade one minute of it.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers, love and support. We are going to continue to need it.

Love,
Michele

{Please keep our good friend in your prayers.}

I am praying for him. Thanks Frank

My prayers are with Dean and his family. Thanks for posting the update.

My prayers are with him.

Frank, I’m sorry to hear this. Please tell Dean and his family they are in my prayers.

I don’t know Dean, but it sounds like he’s a Believer. He’ll be OK when he sees the face of Jesus. I’ve said a prayer for him and his family today.

[FONT=Times New Roman]NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE CHAPTER[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]LIVE FREE OR DIE[/FONT]

State Chapter of

[FONT=Algerian][size=5]The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors [/size][/FONT]

[size=5]NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE CHAPTER NEWSLETTER [/size]

PUBLISHER DATE: July 11, 2010

FROM MICHELE GORDON

Well, dearest family and friends, the time has come. I can’t thank you enough for taking this journey with us–for all of your love and support. It’s what got us through most days and what Will continue to get me through now. I’m including Dean’s obituary below.
Love,
Michele

PELHAM, NH - Dean B. Gordon, 49, a longtime Pelham resident, died early Saturday morning July 10, 2010, at his home, surrounded by his loving family, following a 19 month battle with leukemia. He was the beloved husband of 20 years of Michele A. (Dewar) Gordon of Pelham, NH.

Born in Ft. Huachuca, AZ on August 16, 1960, he was a son of Robert and Marjorie (Brewster) Gordon of Bethlehem, NH. He received his education in the Pelham school system and was a graduate of Pelham High School class of 1978. He went on to earn a Bachelors of Science Degree in Invertebrate Zoology from the University of New Hampshire graduating in 1982.

For the past five years, Dean owned and operated Advance Look Building Inspections in Pelham, NH. Prior to that he had been employed for many years by Heilind Electronics of Wilmington, MA.

He was a member of Crossroads Baptist Church in Pelham. He was also a member of Business Network International and a member of the Salem chamber of Commerce.

An avid sports enthusiast, in his free time he enjoyed golf, tennis, hockey, skiing, hiking and baseball.

In addition to his beloved wife and parents, he is survived by his three precious daughters Krista DiPietro, Janelle Gordon and Kaleigh Gordon all of Pelham, NH; three brothers Gary Gordon and his wife Gail of Bow, NH, Kevin Gordon and his wife Madeleine of Francestown, NH and Dale Gordon and his wife Julie of Pelham, NH; and several nieces and nephews.

**Friends may call at the DRACUT FUNERAL HOME, 2159 Lakeview Avenue, DRACUT, on Tuesday from 4 until 8 PM. His Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday at 10 AM at the New England Pentecostal Church, 955 Bridge St., Pelham, NH. **

**Cremation to follow. **

• **In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in his name, for the education of his children, to the Gordon Children Memorial Education Fund c/o Eileen Scondras, 31 Hillcrest Dr. Tyngsboro, MA 01879. **

For condolences or directions **www.dracutfuneralhome.com](http://www.dracutfuneralhome.com/).**

[FONT=Arial]We have all lost a good friend and a great man! Please keep him in your prayers! [/FONT]

Dean Gordon.jpg

Dean was a good Man, will be greatly missed

Dean was a fine man, husband, father, friend and NACHI inspector.

He will be greatly missed.

I will be going to his service and to his wake.

This is our last chance to say “Goodbye” to our good friend and our last chance to pay our respects to his wife and children.

I know that we are all “busy” trying to earn a living but….I would like to see as many NACHI members as possible on Tuesday and Wednesday.

As requested in Dean’s obituary…. I also respectfully ask that all of you reading this contribute whatever you can to;
Quote:
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in his name, for the education of his children, to the;
Gordon Children Memorial Education Fund c/o Eileen Scondras, 31 Hillcrest Dr. Tyngsboro, MA 01879.
[FONT=Verdana]End Quote: [/FONT]

If you want you can send your contribution to;
NACHI-NH
P.O. Box 188
Chester, New Hampshire 03036

I will be more than happy to deliver it on your / NACHI’s behalf.

Such sad news when a Young Man Dies…

His family is in my thoughts…

Very sad news. Dean will been missed.
My prayers go out to his family.