Dear inspection community and friends:

Dear inspection community and friends:

I want to confirm that my middle son, Erik, recently passed away. You’ve all seen those video clips of a Dad throwing a football to his son who is running out for a pass. With Erik and I, it was the reverse. He was throwing a football before he could walk and so I always ran the plays for him so that he could be the quarterback when he was young. I used to joke that because I was slow, I was training him to under throw everything. This memory was our last conversation on Tuesday. He had come over to my house and we were hanging out in my garage with some of the inspectors who had flown in for our commercial class at the House of Horrors I. Erik was telling his friend that his Dad must have run 10,000 patterns for him in his lifetime.

Erik and I talked several times a day for years and when I moved to Florida a few years back to build the House of Horrors II, he came to live with me in Weston to keep me company. Each of us had surgeries while down there, so we booked them a week a part. He was my recovery nurse and then I was his. It’s not often a Dad gets to live with his son after his son is grown. We were partners in two businesses and when I look back, we probably spent five lifetimes together.

Anyway, that conversation on Tuesday, two days before he died, caused me to dig out his little arm playbook for this post. I saved it for all these years. If any of you want to do something for me in his memory, you can make a modest donation to www.CozyCoatsforKids.org

Thank you all for your kind messages. - Nick Gromicko

35 Likes

What great memories you shared with us about Erik and you, Nick!

What love!

Blessings and thank you!

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing Nick. Heavy hearts will lighten by the grace of God.

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing this with us Nick.
Thoughts and prayers to you.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Nick. Great memories. Condolences to you and your family.

6 Likes

Nick,
My heart is heavy with thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Thank you for sharing with us, so we can mourn with you and lift up your family daily with our prayers, warm thoughts, good vibes or whatever each of has to offer.

9 Likes

Oh man, I’m sorry for your loss. Condolences to the Gromicko family.

6 Likes

Nick,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am praying for your family and for peace at this time.
Matt. 11:28-30

7 Likes

Im so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss Nick. Losing any loved one is hard, but losing a child is a thousand times harder. Thank you for sharing your happy memories with Erik. He was a good man. As long as he is in your heart, he will forever be with you.
Thoughts and prayers from our family to yours throughout this trying time. :pray:

• John 16:22 “So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.”
  • Matthew 5:4 “Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.”
9 Likes

This was very thoughtful of you for sharing with us Nick. Beautiful story. As you know we’re all here for you.

3 Likes

Nick, I’m so sorry for your loss. I truly know what it feels like to lose a child. My special needs daughter Pamela passed away April 8 2014 of kidney failure. I miss her every day. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing with us, Nick. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

4 Likes

Dear Nick,
I’m sorry to hear of the passing of Erik. My condolences to you, your family and all those who knew and loved Erik.
With heartfelt sincerity,
Evan

3 Likes

So sorry to hear of your loss Nick. Sincere condolences to you and all your family.

2 Likes

What wonderful memories you have of your beloved son. Thank you for sharing with us. God bless you and your family during this sorrowful time. My family and I are praying for you and your family.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing those touching memories of Erik with us Nick.

My sincere and deepest condolences to you and your family.

3 Likes

My deepest condolences Nick. I lost Brenda recently and I know the depth of your sorrow.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss Nick. My heart goes out to you and your family. We will keep you all in our prayers.

2 Likes

Im sorry for your loss Nick.

2 Likes