Deck support posts

That’s good info, Randy.

However, I would never build a deck taller than 4 feet off the ground using 4x4 posts. Their ability to carry a load isn’t the issue, it’s that they will twist as they dry out, and the longer they are, the more they will twist.

I’ve seen them twist right out of lag bolts that are attaching support framing.

Max height for 4x4 post for deck is 10 ft , what is the height of that deck

I can not see the ledger board being above 10’ feet.
The average slider walk through or egress space is 78" inches high.
Add the frame, you now have 82’ to 84’ inches.
The envelope above the doorway looks about 36’ inches.
I see it within the allowable requirements of 10’ feet.

Good post.
Maybe a link would help members.
I would but all my data is being recovered.

Elaborate please Jeffrey.
Link or code please.
Thanks in advance.

Published by the American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA), the DCA6 (Design for Code Acceptance #6) Prescriptive Residential Wood Deck Construction Guide is an alternative to the IRC that local authorities may allow, but they may require it to be used in its entirety
Another document that provides a flexible post-sizing table is Wood Decks: Materials, Construction, and Finishing (Kent A. McDonald et al., The Forest Products Society, 1996). Tables 6 and 7 in this book show a range of tributary areas and post sizes; they were developed by the AF&PA and should still be valid for most designs
based on these tables (for Douglas fir or southern pine posts and a combined live and dead load of 50 psf), a 4-foot-tall 4x4 post could carry a maximum tributary area of 256 square feet, but a 4x4 that’s 10 feet tall (the maximum allowed height) could carry only 36 square feet. Increasing the size of the post to 6x6 would mean that at 13 feet in height, the post could support 256 square feet.

Thank you Mr. Foley. Good work and much appreciated.

#7 bracing graphic is wrong
try this http://www.awc.org/publications/dca/dca6/dca6-09.pdf

4x4 posts are adequate. Brace length would be a call for an engineer. Diagonal 2x4 brace fastened to the undersides of the joists would also be effective too.
If that joint toward the bottom is the Trex, its not a very good joint.

**not! **

6’ above grade is incorrect…not sure where he gets his info from

A footing Bob.
Footers would be incorrect English.