Deck Support

I’m biting my tongue until Robert returns to the party. Seems we have another ConSpector that needs a talkin’ to! :wink:

Hmmmm.
Maybe Robert had nothing to do with the units being installed with improper clearance after he was done …:slight_smile:
Seriously though does it count with all that air circulation from the deck slats ?

I almost guarantee you those units were installed prior to the deck install. Evidence, look above them in the pic. Something was done, just can’t tell what exactly.

If the clearance didn’t matter, the manufacturers wouldn’t have the requirement.

BTW… those joist’s do look a tad long without another support beam. Almost looks as if it would be better built as free standing.

OK ,stick him for the four feet.
Looking again those must be window well type openings in the deck to provide clearance.
Maybe the wind from the fan is used to push out debris.:slight_smile:
(sorry Robert I am trying):slight_smile:

Here is side clearance for those not sure…

Now you’re starting to pay attention.

Let’s assume, since we can’t see directly, that they are “window” openings for unobstructed clearance above the units. Great! Fantastic! Good job!** But**… Where is the guardrail around the openings??? Hmmm? A bench seat or planter box doesn’t cut it!

Giant damper flaps.:slight_smile:

Nice try. Would still need a guardrail.

I am back. Wheres the party?
No need to insult me. I am lost and not a contractor. I own a business.
Now I am lost and tired Jeffery. Always admit when I am wrong but what are you talking about?

Robert… see post #19

Yes Jeff and . I have no close up. Close up of what. If you are referring to the photo I installed in the thread, it was for comparison. Not my work.
Should I look at it and zoom or enlarge it??

You led us to believe that was your work. Shame on you. I and Bob already looked. If you didn’t build or inspect it, you don’t have any answers, therefore Bob and I wasted our time.

Jeffery I am confused by you not speaking english of being confused yourself.
It is post 18. That would have lead me to your wondering around pointing aimlessly at something that should have been corrected.
It was #18 . #19 was a reply.
So I will straighten it out for your seeing your are tired and obviously confused.
The original post was #18.
So if you would have said " Robert that pic. photo of the cantilever deck has a problem " I might have straightened this mess out with out trying to wonder ( what is Jeffery saying ) and would have stayed on tract instead of wondering away thinking of WOW ( he must be confused) or ( I am missing something.)
It was used to show a cantilever deck. The type I build.
So enough with the insults please Jeffery.
You not knowing my proficiency is troubling enough.
I admit my short comings always have.
Want to show of, well choose someone else. It does not impress me 1 little bit.
You belittle yourself. I hope you realize that.

Robert,

Jeffery PIC.in #18

Go to bed Robert. As usual, you make no sense.

Jeff was just pointing out that the A?C compressors under that deck did not have enough clearance Robert.

I also thought it was you who had built that particular deck however you are still learning the details of English language so there is no problem.Do not take offence.

Now before I go to bed. I placed the pics in 18 . In the decking there looks like 2 holes have been cut for the AC units. I think they might be heat pumps. 1# Should be 6 foot clearance. 2# Stairs have no railing and the 3# balusters look more than 4 inches apart. 4# You have a gutter going into a french drian that I would write up in black. Recommend removal. 5# The silding doors have to far a step down to the deck.
I can find more but I am tired. Jeffery the deck, It was posted in # 18 and that would have made all the sense in the world to me.:slight_smile:
That is all I am saying.
Night all.
DID I WIN?.
Nuts wrong thread.

I know BOB. I can see more than that azz thinks. Belittling his his strong suite. I do not play games. I am cut and dried BOB.
So answer questions that are not direct and obvious. RIGHT. PLAY WITH SOMEONE ELSE.
I see lots of defect from that country job.

ConSpector is you Mr.Jonas. You are the confuser and your demeanor will spell you out to anyone with insight.
A true American the world has come to love. NOT!!!
Look at #19 see any pictures. I see attachments and words myself.
So again your demanding manor and evident pompous attitude of thinking you know all is tiring and unpleasant.
Your wit is dry and dull. I can keep up effortlessly. Me 1 year here…
You treat people here with little respect. Some follow with the enjoyment of your youthful trickery.
Myself I am ashamed I played even for a shot time. It has taught me a lesson. Thanks.
If you see you have “evidently made a mistake” you play the JJ game and twist your words for direction. Its smoke and mirrors MATE.
I care not for anyone that is smug and arrogant. That cannot admit there own shortcomings or mistakes.
See if I am on threads throwing in my 2 cents and proven wrong I will be the first to admit it. I enjoy the banter, the excitement of the discussion and see many methods of building and learning on these threads.
I have seen more questionable work pratices and came to here learn.
You prefer to be the spotlight. The joker, the I am right guy.
Lots of rights JJ.Few wrongs. Its life and all the complexities that fit in-between.
You will learn little more in life than where you are now, and jokingly tra,la,la along your way, acting the azz .
Do not get mad I hope it makes you see the changes that have to be made…
Jeffery Jonas I have come to know.
The personality Jeffery. Not the inspector. As you have come to think you know me.
Not verbatim, but close [size=2]as you sourly admit you are at fault one night.
" You take the fun away from playing with someones head."
I will try my best to never do that in life. That’s the big difference between you and me. I know part of your personality, you think you know me and my abilities and my capabilities.

[/size]