Detention Ponds

It’s a swale then I would guess. Only a problem during extended rain as far as mosquitoes.

What’s the grading like to it from the home?

It still flows by grade to the street area, I assume?

-Carl

It is actually about 2 foot deep on all 4 sides - like I said it is a pond, not a ditch or swale - the underground drainage system from the back yard and gutters feeds into the end at the top of the driveway and it runs the length of the driveway The overall slope of the land does flow towards the street and when it overflows - it will overflow the front sidewalk and go to the street.

As I said - I am more concerned with mosquito habitat and/or possibly a safety hazard for children -

It’s on public (common) property as you mention. A lake in the rear of the house might also have the same concerns but as an inspector I wouldn’t call it out unless you mention the gator as a possible threat to children as well… How about the raccoon living in the pipe … Let it be. It’s a common feature throughout the development. An eagle nest might be of more concern as it might effect the ability to use the property as intended.

I would advise client to , line dugout area, let fill and top up as required, stock with suitable baitfish ( eliminates mosquito problem ) Take kids fishing.

I DID suggest to the client that he could stock it with fish!! - I did advise him that bass might be too much, but perch ought to do fine!