Did Obama really start his campaign with this girl?

I have a problem with the word hero…we just thow it around anymore…he is a hero, she is a hero. What do you call people like Audie Murphy?

I do not consider McCain a hero at all. I am a Desert Storm veteran and spent 10 years in the Army. I do think that he has sacrified and did what he had to do to stay alive. When does getting captured make you a hero? In case people didn’t know…NOT GETTING CAPTURED is the name of the game.

I respect him as a veteran but thats it. Now if he had his arms and legs blown off while jumping on a grenade to save his friends…well now the story changes…

At least if we throw the word hero around then lets give the REAL HERO’S a new word…so we can distinguish between the two.

BUMP!

Thanks for the fresh perspective, it appears the McCain supporters were actually beginning to believe their own propaganda.

Which part bothers you Frank?

The part where I said he was a war hero, or the part where I said he should be happy.

Perhaps it was what came from inside you ,that said just do not make him our President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzj89cvKgAY

I agree with Russell Hensel here and so would Patton who said something like… I want you to remember, that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Getting captured doesn’t make one a hero… however… rejecting an offer to be released and go home ahead of other POWs does make McCain a hero, agreed?

It is in my world.:cool::D:cool:

Nick - Do I agree? Well it depnds on the situation. If I am somewhat healthy and see my counterparts are in poor health condition, I would offer to stay and let them go ahead of me. Do I think thats a hero? I actually had an uncle escape from WWII, he was one of Darbys Rangers. Cool guy, but he escaped 1 day before the war ended…he laughs at this…months of planning, risk of being killed…but who knew.

In my opinion a HERO does what the vast majority of people would NOT do risking their health and well being WITHOUT asking anything in return. To me it seems he did this with a calculated risk. If I give up this I will get that in return…thats not a HERO.

I feel that if he would DOWNPLAY what happened and just not speak about it so much it would make him more of a HERO.

Lets say you ran in front of a bus and save a little girl from being ran over…and then for the next 40 years bragged about it…would you really feel like a hero?

Nick - You brought 9000 people together to share a common goal (somewhat common anyways) and risked your time and money to do so. Do you have to go around and brag to everyone so we know who you are? NO…Do you have to let all your friends YELL it out…No…No matter what you have completed in life, RESPECT AND ADMIRATION are EARNED…

Wow, I think this is like my 10 thread I am writing on…Let me look…OMG…the new american dictionary says I am a HERO…YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Agreed.