Digital Draw Network

Is this the new ASHI logo??? I saw it on the internet…

Wouldn’t that look kinda funny on a new truck?

On two different occassions, they have solicited $40 inspections that would have cost me about $20 - $30 in gas.:roll:

Hasn’t been my experience with them. Whenever I’ve been unavailable, they will assign it to someone else that one time, but I’ve always gotten them back on the next draw.

As of yesterday, draw inspections from Digital Draw, Granite and Trinity have paid over $12,000.:shock: Gas usage has been a little over $2,000 for my Z71 Silverado.

just looked at their website and have one question…everything looks fine except they want 10 years of construction experience and then pay $40? Am i reading it correctly?

I, too, have heard lots of good things about DDN. I’ve even signed up with them. But after two years on their list, they have still not called me. I’ve called them a couple of times, and they politely say they will call as soon as they have something in my area. My area is huge, but my prices also go up with distance travelled. So I suspect they have someone cheaper than me doing their southern Colorado work. With gas prices as they are, I probably won’t be working for them at their current low prices.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good thing gas went down to $2.87, now some folks can net (maybe) $15.00

Their a disgrace to our profession in my opinion…:smiley:

James, it appears as though they are handling inspecting for local lenders that give construction monies to builders. Once more lenders in your area begin to use them, they will call. Actually a good idea as it allows the local lender to not have to employ a full time inspector to be sure all work is performed before giving draw monies to builders. Heck, why pay somebody 75 dollars or so per home when we will do it for 35 and DDN can keep the rest? But its not a bad thing if you are in the area anyway.

Kevin

Their service is totally different than a home inspection. You’re not inspecting the house, it’s strictly progess reporting. I don’t see how it can be a disgrace to our profession, IMHO. I personally believe living in a larger city makes it desirable to work with them. I can do several on my way home from a home inspection and it’s worth it to me.

I do draws for 4 different companies along with the Floor Testing and find it to be very positive towards my income.

Brian,

I meant Digital Draw paying $40.00 as posted earlier from another inspector in AZ, that is what I consider a disgrace, I cannot do anything for $40.00, it is not in my cost of doing business, even if I did a few on the way home.

If others can make money doing them more power to them.

Dale,

I know of a company that pay’s $8.00 per inspection. Perhaps you can do about 30 of these on the way home. :smiley:

Erol,

I know a company here that charges $8.00 per hour for an inspection, if they really figured out what the cost of doing business is…:smiley:

But Inspection Companies come and go here, just like Realtors, and life goes on…:smiley:

Gotta Love it…:-;;

This is the truth! DDN is fine to work with, but if they find someone who will do it for less you are history.

I gave all of my DDN and Granit Inspections to Mark Tiampini.I actually called them and gave them his info. I hope he is doing well as these are hard times…

By the way Granit is supper good as comparred to DDN.

Just under $11,000 for me. Not bad for “a few on the way home.” :smiley:

I just uploaded a report a few minutes ago. Good people. Helps that there is a 2 hour time difference between FL and UT, too. In the winter it makes it possible for me to do an inspection at the end of the day just before dark. Slide it in under the deadline. :slight_smile:

Joseph, that has been my experience too. I always get “my properties” back. :cool:

Truer words were never spoken, working for DDN is only slightly better then punching someones clock, I’m worth far more then $40 for anything I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduffy
Brian,

I meant Digital Draw paying $40.00 as posted earlier from another inspector in AZ, that is what I consider a disgrace, I cannot do anything for $40.00, it is not in my cost of doing business, even if I did a few on the way home.

If others can make money doing them more power to them.

Truer words were never spoken, working for DDN is only slightly better then punching someones clock, I’m worth far more then $40 for anything I do.

When a DDN rep called me to do an inspection for $40.00 I burst out laughing!

She was extremely “sweet” and I thought that someone was playing a joke on me. The young lady assured me that it was not a joke and that she was completely serious. Just for grins I asked “okay what city” and when she told me I did a “trip layout” and found that the inspection was 227 miles round-trip.

I explained the situation to her and then asked if she was serious and she replied that she was. She also explained that because of the mileage that she could go up to
$75.00 for the inspection.

Unbelievable!

I have no issue working for them. With very few exceptions, mine have always been within 5 miles of my house, and they are easy to schedule in-between inspections, before and inspection or after the last one of the day. They fit in well, and 30 to 40 of them a month makes for a nice part time check and works out to about $75 per hour.

I have no issue working for them. With very few exceptions, mine have always been within 5 miles of my house, and they are easy to schedule in-between inspections, before and inspection or after the last one of the day. They fit in well, and 30 to 40 of them a month makes for a nice part time check and works out to about $75 per hour.

[FONT=Arial]Blaine,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]From what I have been reading this works out well for those who live in a densely populated area, but is not a good idea for those of us who live “in the country” where houses are far apart and the driving distance negates any profit that we might make.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]If all inspectors who conduct inspections for DDN tell them that their “minimum” is $75 per inspection then DDN will have no choice but to pay that fee. I suggest all who read this try this tactic. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]It seems to work for us in New Hampshire![/FONT]

PS:
I pass on these inspections all of the time.