Diploma mill ASHI unleashes another consumer mass murderer onto the general public.

There ya go again, pointing to but ONE of our many quizzes/exams and failing to note that we incorporate many, many, many www.nachi.org/rigorous2006.htm in our ramp up. And also failing to note that ASHI requires none.

If your brother is willing to fulfill InterNACHI’s membership requirements… I’m proud to have him. The inspector mentioned in the article was unable, and so took the sleazy, back-door way into our fine profession.

Not entirely his fault. A known diploma mill, ASHI, sent him out without any quizzes, courses, exams, or anything… and encouraged him to fail. It is his diploma mill association I mean to “slam.”

Why slam them? YOU WON…YOU KICKED and continually KICK their ***…is that not enough?

Exactly…
To become an ASHI Member,

Your Brother would need to prove…
That he performed
100 Fee Based Inspections
Without Experience…
Without Training…
Without Insurance…
and
**after doing that, take the “ASHI” dba “NHIE” Exam **
to become a Member…

Then
be crowned as a Representative of the ASHI Organization…

What a concept…

HUH? Confused at the point your trying to make.

No, today diploma mill ASHI accepted more 30-second, online applications with no entrance or ramp up requirements whatsoever… then they sent those bozos into your market to try to steal work from you.

Kicking ASHI’s *** was fun, but… my members need ASHI to die. Death to ASHI.

Ashi smashi

You suggested that he passed a test…
and would become a Member of NACHI… Untrue

If you review the requirements of NACHI, he would misrepresent himself if he suggested himself as a Member of NACHI based upon exam passage alone…

Not true Joe…read the requirements…it does NOT mention 100 inspections. Pass test, take 5 courses. THATS IT…and promise to do things at a later date. READ the requirments…

The article as a whole leaves me upset about the image portrayed on inspectors in my area.
There are too many unaswered questions, with a storyline that seems a bit vauge.

Then you have the Franchised inspectors attempt to justify the roof error as he just mistakenly entered 1 layer rather than 2. If he properly reported the condition of the roof to start with this error would not make any difference in the situation. 1 layer or 3 layers if the roof is bad it is bad.

Thats funny Nick

I believe that one of our local towns has a city inspector that is legally blind.
Therefore is unable to drive himself to inspections and relies on rides or takes his bike.

Russell,

You need to be a better study,
go back and read the requirements of Membership…

Having been here from the beginning,
I understand how some feel they can play loose and free…
but
bottom line requirements have not changed over the years…
Intent was always to differentiate and surpass ASHI Miinimal Standard Requirements of a Member.

Nick, my point is the test is SO EASY and SO EASY to CHEAT ON…that its not REALLY a test.

YOU send bozo’s into my field! So does that make you a bad person? The organization horrible? I know what your saying, but its really kinda false. Your test is NOT proctored, it is easy or easy to cheat on. So is it REALLY a TEST?

That guy was not a MEMBER of ASHI he was an AFFILIATE member…two totally different things. Spin away…I KNOW NACHI is an awesome association and that is not my complaint. But your misleading the facts. I cannot become a MEMBER of ASHI with a credit card…I can become an AFFILIATE MEMBER…two totally different things…

When YOU stop sending BOZOS into the field…then throw all the stones you want.

so…
Your brother was a bozo
who never wanted to be a Home Inspector
and thought that he could
suggest
he was a Member of NACHI
by virtue of solely taking an Entrance Exam?

The Exam is purely an Entrance Exam…
(before performing Inspections)
There are additional requirements to become a Member…

NACHI does not require or encourage
a prospective Member
to perform
100 (illegal Inspections in some States) … Like ASHI…
before granting a Membership…

NACHI
believes in the personal integrity of the member
and they need to sign
a Notarized testimonial
to that effect…

anything less
is Fraud…

Joe where do you see this?

Joe…this is taken DIRECTLY from the website.

Become a certified inspector! Join InterNACHI today.

Benefits of Membership

Prerequisites for membership (items 1 through 3 must be completed before applying for membership):

1. You must have passed InterNACHI’s Online Inspector Examination (free) with a score of 80% or better.
  2. You must have completed InterNACHI’s Ethics Obstacle Course (free).
  3. You must have taken InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice Quiz (free).

Then, join by…

4.  mailing, faxing, or submitting online a completed InterNACHI [Application/Affidavit](http://www.nachi.org/join.htm). 

Congratulations! At this point, you are a Certified InterNACHI member, and logo usage is awarded, but…

Joe I am human and can be wrong…But what does one have to do mto become a LOGO certified MEMBER? I am not seeing it…

Actually my brother wondered about what his little brother did for a living…went on the web I told him about NACHI and he went and played on the site and took the test for poops and giggles. Is that illegal or immoral? He never performed a Home Inspection, nor did he ever want to. He sees it takes 16 hours a day to be successful…who wants that life? I am just stating that he had NO experience and could pass the test in a couple of tries…that was the point I was making.

BOZOS
as you suggest
do not need Nick’s help

They also do not enter with Nick’s encouragement…

as you have defined
they are BOZOS misrepresenting
themselves

It is a systemic problem not inherent to the NACHI Organization.
Other affilaiated Organizations are experiencing the same problem…

Join another, and you will find the same complaint on their websites
Inspectors misrepresenting their qualification and affiliation…

What separates the Wheat from the Chaff…

Joe…this is taken DIRECTLY from the website.

Become a certified inspector! Join InterNACHI today.

Benefits of Membership

Prerequisites for membership (items 1 through 3 must be completed before applying for membership):

1. You must have passed InterNACHI’s Online Inspector Examination (free) with a score of 80% or better.
  2. You must have completed InterNACHI’s Ethics Obstacle Course (free).
  3. You must have taken InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice Quiz (free).

Then, join by…

4.  mailing, faxing, or submitting online a completed InterNACHI [Application/Affidavit](http://www.nachi.org/join.htm). 

Congratulations! At this point, you are a Certified InterNACHI member, and logo usage is awarded, but…

Joe I am human and can be wrong…But what does one have to do mto become a LOGO certified MEMBER? I am not seeing it…

So your brother took a test…
That he displayed he had an aptitude for…
passed…
BUT…
did not have what it takes
as an Entepreneur
to make it as a Home Inspector…

Hello…
Passage of the test alone
Does Not Make You A NACHI Member…

Your last post proves my point…

Being an entrpeneur doesn’t make me an NACHI member neither.

Passage of the test, 5 classes and $289 does…

What makes InterNACHI’s overall bloodline so much better than other associations is not that we require more of our members (although that is true also), but rather that we provide more. Unlimited access to inexpensive, convenient, robust, inspector education separates us from the diploma mill ASHI inspectors: www.nachi.org/education.htm

Education is and will always be the cornerstone of success for any professional.