Disaster work for SBA

Originally Posted By: ashelton
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Does anyone have experience or know of someone working as a temporary employee of SBA doing commercial inspections in disaster areas? I understand they are paid by the hour with overtime opportunities. Am curious if travel is compensated, assignments are long-term, and brief description of duties if anyone has any knowledge of these opportunities.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

SBA?

Small Business Administration

Originally Posted By: whandley

http://www.sba.gov/disaster_recov/DisasterReserveTermAnnouncement.pdf

Looks like an opportunity for folks with insurance adjusting and or cost estimating experience. General contractors may be interested as well, although the pay offering is low.

"I travel the globe to protect my clients!"

Progressive Inspection Service
California Home Inspections
Orange County Home Inspections
www.progressiveinspection.com
(949) 499-8054 Orange/Los Angeles Counties
(760) 943-7552 San Diego/Riverside Counties

HUD/FHA Inspector ID #I078

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Not sure just who they are attempting to attract with that paltry starting salary they are offering but I doubt that any successful home inspector would give the time of day.

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The positions they advertised in local newspaper offer starting salary from $21 to $24 per hour, with paid overtime. I don’t think it is the same job you guys posted, this position is field inspector and requires very strong commercial construction background to do prepare field estimates,

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

ashelton wrote:
The positions they advertised in local newspaper offer starting salary from $21 to $24 per hour, with paid overtime. I don't think it is the same job you guys posted, this position is field inspector and requires very strong commercial construction background to do prepare field estimates,

Yes, yes that is what they are advertising for but most commercial inspectors who possess a strong commercial construction background are billing out at around $100/Hr, and are most likely self employed. In any case, I don't believe their rate will attract the best & brightest, but it might be an opportunity to obtain some worthwhile experience.