Discounts

Originally Posted By: osmith
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Good Morning All,

I have a couple of Quick questions..... Does anyone give family members and/or friends any type of a discount for your services? How about Real Estate agents or Mortgage brokers who are purchasing a primary residence?

Thanks,

Oscar Smith

--
Dreams without action stay dreams.

Originally Posted By: rzimmerman

Oscar,

Offer discounts to whom ever you feel comfortable with.

My family expects free service ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif) I doubt a seller would accept a home inspection from a family member. Conflict of interest.

I have Realtors that use me to check their home but will not use me for their clients. So I offer no discount to them

I have thought of offering all Police, Firefighters, Military and the like a discount.

I offer a discount on each postcard mailer I send out.

I offer discounts to any Home Inspector that uses me to provide Mold. Radon, Water or Infrared services. But not if paid by the client directly.

Bottom line, It is your business. As long as you stay with-in the law you can do what you want.

--
Rob Z.
www.RZinspections.com

Originally Posted By: osmith

Thanks Robert

Dreams without action stay dreams.

Originally Posted By: wdecker

I offer a 40% discount for House of Worship inspections (commercial) and a 10% cleric discount.

Will Decker

Decker Home Services

Skokie, IL 60076

wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: mgault

I give a 10% Military Discount…

I'm a USAF reservist at Charleston AFB, SC and it does get me some calls I suspect I might not otherwise get...
-Mike

Originally Posted By: slubrino

I offer a 15% discount to all Firefighters , Police and Military. Being that i am a NYC Firefighter the guys would hang me if i didnt…And it showa alittle respect.

May the wind be always at your back and Don’t sweat the small stuff.

9/11 Always Remembered, Never Forgotten

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

http://www.b4uclose.com/index_files/heroes_heroines.htm

Erby Crofutt

B4U Close Home Inspections

Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: vsantos

slubrino wrote:
I offer a 15% discount to all Firefighters , Police and Military. Being that i am a NYC Firefighter the guys would hang me if i didnt....And it showa alittle respect.

That certainly is a commendable thing to do as it shows your respect for those individuals and their sacrifices.

Concerning the clients that do not fall in that category, I have yet to have one mention the discounts I have offered thru various marketing which I no longer offer.

I believe this is because most clients just want a good inspection worth the money and are not really concerned about discounts etc. Chances are if they are all that concerned about discount coupons and so forth, they are also shopping around for the cheapest inspector they can find. If you are not that guy, why bother with the coupon?

I state on my web site that I am not the cheapest inspector and why in hopes of eliminating the prospective clients who believe the lowest price is the most important aspect of finding an inspector.

Originally Posted By: slubrino

Vince, i agree with you 100% and only offer it, and as you said i haven’t had anyone ask for one as of yet but i am new in the business, if they ask if i offer a discount then i will give it to them. I was just trying something different to see if it gets me any additional work but as of now it has not made a difference.

May the wind be always at your back and Don’t sweat the small stuff.

9/11 Always Remembered, Never Forgotten

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

I offer discounts as the mood strikes me. But I always charge something so as to keep my insurance carrier happy.