ditto

How can she be a realtor and not be able to drive more than 5 miles each way? whatever

I feel compelled to say that two members of this board during the debate actively posted messages almost as if they were sucking up to the Real Estate profession one for which pounded us while getting cozy with that other org. The problem with that is mortgage lenders, vendors, sellers, buyers, and other institutions are on the board as well. My guess in the long run they will lose business as a result. One would think they will basically compromise their own business name in the long term to score points in the short term. Forgive me for defending the very profession, organization, and moral duty to my clients that puts food on my table. You should be ashamed!
Randy
Agree, disagree?

I agree and disagree.

What you (and many of us) refer to as “sucking up” to real estate salesmen is what many others refer to as “marketing”. It is in their marketing plan and part of their strategies of success. For some, it works. For others…as you pointed out…they come across as desperate, starving inspectors looking for a handout.

There is a reason that such a small percentage of us see our fourth year in business and, IMO, it has much to do with the fact that so many of us choose to rely upon real estate salesmen for their business when they have an even higher rate of turnover than we do.

But…so what? If we want to use alternative methods or if we want to build our businesses on the brokers and salespeople, it is a business/personal decision that is no one else’s business.

If we disagree, we use that in our own marketing to show clients how we differ from inspectors who must rely upon these referrals to stay in business. In a way, their actions benefit us and we should not want them to change.

So, I agree and disagree. Just my opinion.

I agree most of my business comes from the Real Estate transaction and yes the Realtor himself. With that said, there is a fine line to sucking up and marketing. I just feel a few crossed it. Now Russell may know the fine line better than I and I trust him with his comments afterall Marketing he is good at (Russell was not who I was referring to). Maybe someday I will learn how to do it the way he does. And its not just the sucking up but how it was approached especially at the expense of all of us here at this org. just to score points. I guess I just don’t get it and need to get a clue.

Oh Wendy… where are you??? Busy with the cookbook???:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you’ll never win an argument with a NACHI inspector because they don’t actually read what you write or listen to what you say, only what they want to read or hear to get to get in the next jab.

Gee, I really do not appreciate being painted with such a broad brush, not that I am completely guiltless 100% of the time, but I doubt this statement is true of the full membership of NACHI. There are thousands of members whom have never even posted on this or any BB, that do not deserve this comment. I am getting to the point where I feel less and less inclined to offer any comment whatsoever on any topic; professional, technical, etc.

Doug,
I must say there are people on this board that appreciate comments and read them, such as yours. I have received good advice from you in the past as well as others. Don’t let a few drag you down…fight the good fight, if you will.
Linus,
You are the master of one liners.
Randy

I am with you on this one Doug. I will probably get an anonymous red box for my comment here. I feel when someone like dharris posts comments on our BB we should ignore him. He is just inflating his own ego with his bashing of NACHI. At least when I take someone along for an inspection they get half of the fee and can sign their name to the report. Nick and NACHI rock. They have the high standards I do not mind hitching my wagon to.
The great thing about this organization is that if you do not like it you can leave!!!

Wendy please, there are more than 1 ken in that post,if you are talking about me, the marking as spam might have been because that was the first time I have ever posted on active rain. But I truly wish you had not posted this on the public BB, now there is twice the embarrassment. Ken

JB
Thought I’d re-post this for you since you forgot to read it the first time and colored my comment in pink so maybe it would catch your eye this time. how are you reading that I’m concerned about whats said on the NACHI board?

JB
Thought I’d re-post this for you since you forgot to read it the first time and colored my comment in pink so maybe it would catch your eye this time. how are you reading that I’m concerned about whats said on the NACHI board?

You really are a dumba$$ Wendy, you constantly amaze me by how stupid you truly are. Read some Aktivieren blogs, you’ll see that all posts made by non-members are flagged as potential spam, any post of your should be. I’m going to see what I can do to make you a Non-member of Active Rain, others are seeing what they can do to make you a non-member of NACHI.

I hadn’t even logged into the AR site in over a month, I’ve never even really completed my profile, but now that I’ve been playing around on it, maybe I’ll write a blog, something about a Washington State Realtor’s potential liability for referring a Home Inspector who does not have a WSDA SPI License, and about them accepting a report without an ICN#, I’ll even mention that Hi’s can perform Home Inspections without that license, but they cannot report on things like wood rot, and then I’ll ask them why they would refer any Inspector who was not licensed, and that they should advise their clients to ask the Home Inspector for the little plastic card issued by the WSDA to licensed SPI’s…Wow, I just abut wrote an outline for my blog here…blogs give you more points right?

I won’t even have to mention NACHI, I’ll keep the lack of SPI license and the SOP Argument here at NACHI

Sorry for missing that, Mike.

“…giving NACHI and its members a negative outlook to realtors” is not an ethical violation. If being “unprofessional” was a crime, every member of this (or any association) will spend time in jail at some time in their life - from Nick on down to me and you.

Another consideration is the intent. While debating an issue, things can become heated and adversaries can call upon a wide range of weapons to win their points. Sometimes, from the outside looking in, first impressions can be terrible. On the other hand, there is the intent to disparage a member and/or the association publicly, in order to make a point.

We had a vendor a couple of years ago, who wanted us to pay him to teach us all about electricity. He set himself up as a knowledgeable guy and posted often. I even had him out to St. Louis to teach at a chapter meeting. NACHI paid his expenses and a lump sum to teach. Later, we discover that in several electrical message boards he was moderating with master electricians…he was taking posts from our message board and referring to our inspectors in his posts to make the point that home inspectors are incompetent and unable to do what they are paid to do. “Can you believe that someone could ask a question this dumb?” he posted on the other message board…The SOB was soliciting questions as a teacher, then using them to harm the reputation of the members and the association that supported him. We threw his butt out of the association. After a few months of poverty, he begged his way back in and tried to win back a following…but never regained his former stature. Today, he posts under an assumed name.

I just got off the phone and Lanis is a very nice person,so I am sorry if I started this whole embarresment to the entire association.
Thank you for rushing in to defend me goes out to every one involved.
Unfortunatly the Blog over there has proved to be one giant embarresment to us all.
I respectfully request anyone whom has replied to this site to please do yourself and NACHI a favor by deleting your post from that thread.
Too many people in the Real Estate community see this for these to remain in public domain.It is not an order,but none of us will want to view this stuff with any pride or self respect in the future ,as it will come back to haunt you.My posts are deleted and suggest all of you do the same.

Jbushart wrote in post# 14:

James,

Do you condone the entry by Lewis L. Capaul on a public section of the NACHI BB? Do you not consider that to be an even harsher character attack than your example above? Would you not consider filing an ethics complaint/investigation against Lewis L. Capaul for that BB entry?

Emmanual please take time between rage to read post#34

Robert,

You have mistakenly assumed that my post was written in the emotional state of rage. Your post #34 is a clear admission by you that you have made a major mistake and had a refresher in the lesson of thinking before you write. My post(s) above have nothing to do with your egregious error in judgment. Please do not attempt to dilute the question to James Bushart with your misconception.

James Bushart,

Have you finished composing your answer to my post #35 above?

As a member, you have the right to make a formal complaint to the ESOP Committee regarding anything that you believe to be a violation of the Code. I, as a member, have that same right. I have lodged my formal complaint and, if you wish, you may lodge yours.

Personally, I am not in favor of censorship of our message board for what may or may not be deemed appropriate, embarassing, or otherwise by others. The remainder of the committee may not agree with me and may agree with you, instead. The committee has its own head in these issues and I dare not speak for them.

Your request has been done at AR! But not on this board quite yet, because the calm before the storm is coming! I can feel it.

You can lead a horse to water,but you can’t make them drink.