Do not delay become a CMI today

[quote=“rcooke, post:37, topic:83278”]

Roy you stuck your nose in and made a demeaning comment directed towards me personally when I was asking a question of NICK and not you .
Are you brown nosing again or simply feel like personally attacking me with your comment below :

I wonder why you continue to attack the idea of the CMI. is Bob mad at Bob for not becoming a CMI.

1 ) Why would you assume something like that when years ago Nick promised me free admission to the CMI logo years ago ?

2 ) I hate fake and I can simply call myself a MI (Master Inspector) anytime and anywhere by telling the public it is based on years in business if I so wish.

Perhaps I will create a MI (“MASTER INSPECTOR”) logo to go with the Council of Men and offer it for $500 which will have an even bigger impact as “Master Inspector” is certainly a more impressive logo if I design it that way.
Care to join ?

CMI offers no further education than NACHI and neither do I .

Again very few will sign up for this thing at $2,500 and those that already have it will be retiring for the most part over the next 10 years if I was to guess here.

On a side note, a family member asked me for an inspection recommendation back east recently. I advised her to choose a CMI that lived at least 80 miles from the property and to offer to pay a mileage fee to get an inspector who has no relationship (and doesn’t seek one) with any of the real estate agents involved in the transaction.

So. The fact that few others will apply isn’t a reason not to apply. Who cares what others do? It’s a no-brainer business decision. It’s going to $5,000 at the end of 2014 anyway.

Good answer. :smiley:

Obviously you can no longer claim being a NACHI member is good marketing anymore as you have created CMI to compete against our members and have stated that a NACHI logo pales in comparison to CMI thus causing a NACHI logo to be useless for branding purposes.

Smart, Very Smart!!

Great endorsement, can I use it, even though I choose to protect my clients information from 3rd party vendors? :smiley:

Not true for two reasons:

First: With few exceptions (for reasons Jim Bushart explained), all CMIs are InterNACHI members. I’ve been very careful (within the confines of our tax-exempt status and our federal certification mark rules) to reserve it as a tool for InterNACHI member use. If you said CMI only helps InterNACHI members, you’d be 99% correct. Before I dropped out of high school I recall that if you got a 99% you got an A for a grade, maybe even an A+.

Second: InterNACHI doesn’t have and isn’t able to offer that which CMI offers. No consumer knows what InterNACHI or ASSHI or your license number (consumers assume you are operating legally) or your insurance coverages or your Level IV or IAC2 or whatever even means. Worse, they don’t care and don’t have time to figure it all out. This is a problem for our industry. Certified Master Inspector solves that problem in 5 seconds… and that’s about all the time you get anyway.

Yes.

Done, thanks!

That is exactly opposite as to what your buddy Nate preaches.

This afternoon, I got a call from our local newspaper editor, who asked me for a headshot picture for printing with the CMI press release
that I sent them last week, courtesy of InterNACHI.
Thanks guys, this should help…:wink:

Only for now. Thornberry, the snollygoster, will be along soon to adapt his spin to conform. Watch.

Word of the Year! :smiley:

snol·ly·gos·ter
n. Slang One, especially a politician, who is guided by personal advantage rather than by consistent, respectable principles.

Fits Thornbury to a ‘T’

People still buy the newspaper? :wink:

Check out my web site. It says “Certified Master Inspector” at the top of the home page. I have displayed hundreds of CMI placards in dozens of RE offices here in KC in September and October. I displayed pictures of them here on this message board CMI thread.

In November I had 4 home inspections for the month: total.

My post #32 still stands.

When you ask a licensed gas fitter if he is a master he will say no. If you ask a licensed Home Inspector if he is a Master he will say no unless he feels that the amount of time he has been in the business would put him at that level.
So the question is…How many feel that devoting at least 3 years of study and still being in the business is enough?
Ask anyone you want Ok.
I bet you will not find someone tell you that you should need 5 years to be a good HI.

Nick, or anyone else that may know.

When did the CMI board start requiring The Certified Master Inspector Exam (CMIE)?

4 mansions?

Chris,

I don’t think it’s a requirement.