Do not get electrocuted

I just read where a person was ./

They hit a pole down came the wires on the car .
They got out of the car touched the ground and car at the same time .

Please if by chance your ladder or your car touches live wires .
STOP and think .
You do not want to touch the ground and your Ladder/or car at the same time .
Jump! yes Jump from your car or low down on your ladder so you when you touch the ground you are part of the circuit .

Remember Electricity KILLS .

Your best bet is usually to stay in the car. Even jumping out of you vehicle can kill you. If you jump out, land with your feet on the ground and lose your balance while putting your hands on the ground, it can be fatal. Potential rings surround the spot where voltage is in contact with the earth. The further you go from that point, the lower the potential. Your feet may be ina spot with higher potential than your hands and this difference may kill you.

Jeff

Good info Roy, thanks…

Thanks Jeff …
More info here.

In the event that a wire comes down on a vehicle with passengers, our advice is to stay in the vehicle until professional help arrives to safely remove you from the vehicle. If you MUST get out of the vehicle because of fire or other life-threatening hazards, jump clear of the vehicle so that you do not touch any part of the car and the ground at the same time. Jump as far as possible away from the vehicle with both feet landing on the ground at the same time.
Once you clear the vehicle, shuffle away, with both feet on the ground, or hop away, with both feet landing on the ground at the same time. Do not run away from the vehicle as the electricity forms rings of different voltages. Running may cause your legs to “bridge” current from a higher ring to a lower voltage ring. This could result in a shock. Get a safe distance away.

Good info, guys.

I’ll never forget the sound a hotdog on a grounded wire made as it was held up to a high tension mock up during my safety training when I worked for Edmonton Power. (Yeah, it was a long time ago) “This is your finger. This is your finger on power!” Totally blasted apart.

Stay in or on, or jump with both feet together.