Do you Hate The New Wind Mit Form?

Thats funny I just thought amazon hit refresh and saw your message.

Thanks Doug.
Mike, are you raising your prices due to the new form? I’m debating.

I wish I could keep up with the post, but im hustlin today. Spoke with oir about my fbc roof question, they said you need noa info. for roof material regardless of permit# or contract, if not give unknown or undetermined. I told them this is bullshi* and they are just screwing people who deserve fbc credit

As of now I am trying to, but everything with me is negotiable. I am also running cheap days where if they are all in the same county and will be there all day on the same day I will do it a little cheaper.where I can schedule how it best fits my day. The bad news is I do not think many others are going to. My contact at state farm told me their other guy was not changing his price $100. So far I have done them at $120 to$125. Today I gave a teacher a deal because I am heading her way anyhow.

I will likely be trying to be the most economical in my area. When I do them for HI they usually give me my rate and charge their customer more. The HI customers are not shopping the wind Mit prices and it allows us to make a little more money on them.

Yep they sure are.

Dennis please post your phone number you have for the OIR so we can all call. I’ll call you back in a few

I’d like to raise the price up that high. Unfortunately, the price on the Treasure Coast is 75.00. There is a couple of guys advertising 50.00 wind mits.

Hi Jay,

I have informed my carriers that the unknown/Unidentified selection will be marked for these situations. Even if the roof is new. If it was not permitted or there is no installation date provided from the docs, I will mark that selection.

I told them the Wind Mitigation form is a verification document. If it cant be verified, then the homeowner cannot receive credit.

Some of the carriers were using the wind mit forms to verify the roof was not older than 15 years and I was asked about that. I informed my agent clients in this situation that I could provide a NACHI certified four point style inspection for estimated roof age but the wind mit form would still be marked as unknown.

I am really considering raising the price of the wind mitigation service. I’ve been filling out the new form since the 22nd and will see what issue come out of that. If its any additional work the cost will be going up.

It appears that the insurance industry is successful in accomplishing their objective of intimidating inspectors into not giving any credits for anything out of fear of litigation. Mission accomplished by the insurance industry!

Justin,
Good luck raising your rates with the agents. Please let us know how that works out.

A good form for roof condition is the citizens roof condition form. if you want one send me a email and I will send it to you or check out their site:
https://www.citizensfla.com/index.cfm

“I told them the Wind Mitigation form is a verification document. If it cant be verified, then the homeowner cannot receive credit.”

Amen Brother, that I what I tell them

Steve,

there is no doubt in my mind who wrote that form. There was obviously NO input taken into consideration from the folks actually doing the work.

How’s this for thought. If its Large Missle Impact rated who gives a crap which large missle testing the product went through. Many of these products only state “Large Missle Impact”. They do not reference which testing standard was used.

Not only does the form have more typos than one of my message posts, but its redundent. The people who put this form togeather should be ashamed of themselves.

Thanks Mike,

The problem with that form is I am not a licensed roofing contractor. I assume they are the only ones able to sign that form correct?

yep. sorry

Justin,
I’m trying to find the form. I believe a GC can verify. Still looking…

Citizens has finally updated their WM form to the new inspection form.

yes a gc can sign the roof condition report. I am sorry I did not know you were one. It does not say so on the new form but they have never turned one of mine down. send me an email and iI will send you one.

i have it right here post your email and I will send it now. hurry i must leave very soon. it is attached to email and waiting for your email address

here is a link to a picture of it on my site. if you can snip you can copy and save. you cannot dl from my site.

http://homeinspection.meekerindustries.com/page23.html

i was wrong yet again looking at it it does say a gc can do it . i guess the old one did not.

Sent

I see they have added a few license holder types to sign the form. Specifically the licensed home inspector. Wish the State would get moving on that.