Do you know what this is?

Do you know what this could be?



i agree with Michael and pretty sure it’s not one of these

And now for a serious answer…

Rick -

That is an old porcelain house protector for telephone equipment.

Give that man a cupie doll.

What is a “house” protector?

My idea of a house protector is something on the lines of 357 Mag.

These provided a level of protection to the house phone equipment in the event of an electrical surge…I believe this function is currently handled by the phone box (gray?) typically found on the exterior of most homes.

Obviously, phone components are typically low-voltage equipment and not necessarily a concern for the HI.