Do you know why this was increased from 25ft to 35ft?

The only problem is the OP never told us the title of the book. It may be a new book to him and could have originally been published 20 years ago.

Don’t do it, but see it often!! :+1:

2 Likes

Fast forward to 1:50.

2 Likes

Look who’s being sensible now, trying to return to the Ops topic.

1 Like

You are right, thanks

Jose when was it published?

1 Like

IMG_0700

1 Like

Should be updated.

2 Likes

So two study guides with conflicting information, causing incorrect answers on test, should be directed to @bgromicko1 to figure it out. JMO…

3 Likes

Had been 25 feet for a looooonnng time. Manufacturers found “issues” with that limitation due to how new homes often have long runs to the vent. Manufacturers (not all - check their installation directions) have increased the rate (power) of the exhaust. That was told to me by the factory rep who accompanied a “installation tech in training” for the very reliable and conscientious dealer when our new unit was installed.

1 Like

I seen a 50 yr old maytag when I was a maytag repairman.

1 Like

I have a pair of oldie Maytag washer and dryer, although I have repaired them several times, they just keep going, I guess that is why the Maytag repairman is out of business, they run smoother and quieter than the new machines, and are easy to work on.
IMG_0706
IMG_0705 (1)

1 Like

Maybe, but only because quality went downhill. The 30 and 40 year old models are readily repairable, you can still get parts, and still keep them operating.

Then the companies figured out how bad reparability was for their bottom lines…