Do you like Windows XP

I just got a new Dell laptop about 2 months with XP on it, it was still available on a few models. I like Vista but some of the software I was using wasn’t Vista compatible and I wasn’t ready to start spending alot of money on new software as well. However as more software is Vista compatible I would have no problem with upgrading eventually as I ordered the laptop with enough memory and processor speed for Vista eventually.

Yeah, that’s another issue altogether. There are definitely a lot more drivers out now than there were 6 months ago. I remember when I first installed Vista I could not get any of my printers to work. Eventually the companies have caught up and released drivers and all is well.

Roy

I’m sure you will last till the middle of next month :slight_smile:

Gee I hope so thats our 53rd aniversity very important date to Char better not miss it.

…Cookie

Congratulations on that !!

But… you’ll not likely make it if you forget!!!

Cheers

Forget ???.. What are you talking about?

Cookie

The date! :slight_smile:

I stopped using Windows based computers 7 years ago and switch over to a MAC. It was the best thing I ever did. My machine is online almost 24/7 and never had any of those problems I hear about on PC’s. I use Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT and it come with very cool iLife applications. The machine I bought 7 years ago is still my work horse, its worth the investment.

When I first made the switch I gave myself 1 month for transition, and when I went back to work on my PC it was night and day. The best way the describe the difference is like going from Windows to DOS, as to MAC to PC.

If you guys are using software for generating reports you could check out
http://www.homeinspectorpro.com/ this software is written in JAVA and will run on XP, MAC and LINUX.

Cheers!

Thanks to all for the advice. Just got my new computer 2008 model .
They loaded windows XP for me and gave me a new Vista disk with the Code numbers in case I do want to go to vista.
Now need to get it set up.
…Cookie

Hey Roy, what type of computer did you end up getting? If you need any help, just let me know.

I am lucky have my daughter home to visit from the NATO base in Germany.
Thanks will lean on you if need be .

This Means nothing to me.
MB 946…intel946gzic S775 DDR2
cp16…intelE2140 dual Core 11.6
ne2d667…2gb DDR2 667mhz
canb4p…Black P4case
HD500s…WD 500gb SATA 16 cache HDD
…acer 19" wide LCD
CDRD20…20*dvdr/RW
nc100…10/100 ethernet adapter
logitec ex110 wirless k
Microsoft works suite 200
OTUC usb pci card 7 in one internet cardreader
7 usb ports 2 in the front
Windows xp installed

xroad gps car unit
sovp ms windows vista premium with numbers not installed .
…Cookie
Did I miss any thing

Very Nice Roy, that will definitely be able to handle anything you need for the next 5 years!

Dominic, I can’t believe it, Roy is already upgraded to a 2008 model. This man is got me out dated by 9 years.

Hell, I am still running 2000 professional on the same computer I started with.

I might need your help when this thing dies and goes to heaven.

I heard you can’t by XP, does that mean I will have to get Vista?

Well Roy, I guess we have to face it one of these days, right.

Never to old for one to learn is what my father always told me, but he had no clue or vision of the computer age.

Hey, if it works, don’t fix it, right?

For my friend.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6lWVq4m-P1U&feature=related

Marcel :slight_smile: :wink:

Marcel, Windows 2000!! Ack!! Actually Windows 2000 was a pretty stable version of windows but man, what are you using for inspections? You might get upgraded out at some point. You can still pick up XP cd’s from places it’s just harder to find. Vista’s not all that bad. If you need help picking out a new model at a good price, just let me know, I’ll find something for you!

Sure, Roy upgraded to a 2008 model, but I think he’s still doing his reports on paper! I think I’m going to go out and buy a new Porche but ride my bike to work tomorrow, hehehehe.

Great idea you will find the odds of have an accident are vastly improved by keeping the car in the Garage.

Just like my using the check list reporting system over my trying to do a computer report less likely to be sued.

I guess I will stay with a winner.

…Cookie

Haha, very very true. Who was it that posted the picture of the Ferrari that the daughter took out for a joy ride, nothing left of it.

Personally I think Roy upgraded because he wanted to start doing some major gaming.

No time for Computer games too many unfinished jobs, Still have 9 fingers left to cut off.

Cookie

Appreciate the offer Dominic, and my little time I spend Inspecting was all invented by me on the Word program, made a template, improvised and finally came up with a click to open the template and fill in the Narratives.

Since I could not make or post pictures like all your fancy guys photo inserts, I simply gave reference in the report to a number of the photo and in the back of a loose leaf binder that becomes the Clients report with a front cover of their home to buy, I insert 30-40 photos 4"x5" full color from Rite-Aid Pharmacy for 15 bucks.

The photos are set in separate laminations and a mini sharpie, works wonders at making numbers on the photo and making arrows.

Sure saves me time, but last inspection was for a friend of my daughters and only do selective inspections like this.

Inspection time for a 1200s.f. house plan with finisned basement= 24 went for 3 hours and 4 hours for my report time and charged $300.

The client was impressed with my report. Time will sell.

I do have a few more years of building, so I just started getting ready a little early.

I appreciate your help and all the help that I have seen you give to all our members as well.

Appreciation taken in order.

I congratulate you in all you have done for this Association.

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley:

… and a thigh! :mrgreen:

Sure thing Marcel. I enjoy helping out. Let me know if you need anything.