Do you release your photos to your client

Wide shot of the home for weather conditions. Condition of the siding, vegetation, slabs, wide angle of the roof, gutters, grade, furniture hiding access, wide angles of rooms, (pictures on walls can hide holes; been there), inaccessible closets, under sink cabinets full of chemicals so you cannot see drains, etc. etc.

This subject has been discussed here hundreds of times. Think.

From today

OK how did I know …Nope not pulling them everywhere.
Familiar with the fact that is where the 3 way switch for the basement stairs should have been…yes experience matters.

My home inspection today was for a couple from colorado who are relocating to sunny Clearwater Florida. They asked for extra pics. I uploaded all 300 of them to Google drive.
Presto…another satisfied customer. I have nothing to hide. I even sent the picture of my little friend who I swear was following me around in the crawlspace.

Thomas
You know you see these all the time.
I’m a Florida native and I have learned… if you look for it you will find it.

Trust me, i’m looking. I hate fu…ing spiders. Wolf spiders are scary looking but beneficial. It’s the ones I can’t see that scare the bejeebers out of me.

All the photos end up in the report so, Yes. Even a picture of the kitchen in general, I just label it informational photo.

Idea for Nick.

InterNACHI needs a site were we can load up all of our pictures from a home inspection so anyone with a “key code” can view them via a slide show/internet. Keep them for say 30 days, and delete them. This could be similar to the agreement process that InterNACHI has.

I know there may be sites out there such as “cloud” and others, but I am not familiar with any of them. Could save me costs of CD’s, and agents, lenders could have access if they had the key code. Have InterNACHI as a heading. Good marketing, IMO. Perhaps Nick can use his contacts and get “married” to some company that does this.

I send all relevant photos within the body of the report and all others are included at the end of the report in pdf format. Some inspections go as many as 400 photos. Costs me nothing to send and clients like the photo document of the home condition on day of inspection. If there are blurry or unfocused photos I remove them during editing. Never had an issue other than one report I had to get printed off as client was not computer literate. That cost me nearly 60 bucks as it was a double inspection on the one she was selling and the one she was buying. Still made money though.

I get the occasional not net savvy clients. We provide printed reports when requested.

Ups charges around 15 bucks with binder…All can be done online. Just have to have someone pick it up and deliver it.