Do you think 300k is enough for E and O in California?

Originally Posted By: jwatts1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I guess you can never truly have enough insurance… but at 4,000k for 300k/600k aggregrate for E and O and General liability (same limits), with Allens Insurance its tough enough paying this!!!

Anyone have any info. or other advice on whether you think its enough or too much? or whatever.....Please let me know your thoughts!

Happy Holidays!
Justin.

![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)

Originally Posted By: jcampbell

Have you checked with FREA… their rates may be a little better… I know it is VERY hard paying these amounts… Especially when Realtors (i know different profession) and others are paying less than a grand… I think we HI’s are getting the short end!@! icon_twisted.gif

Jeffrey S. Campbell

http://www.maineshomeinspector.com

Originally Posted By: cmccann

If you could find a policy that is for 25,000 limit for E&O thats what I would get.

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: jpope

FREA and Allen are quite comparable to each other for “newer” inspectors. The biggest difference I found was that Allen offered a nice discount based on your training and your pre-inspection agreement (both being vital in avoiding litigation).

To answer the original question, yes, that should do just fine for now.

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: jwatts1

Yea, my decision was down to FREA and Allen Insurance, both very close…

I chose Allen's because its (occurrence) type coverage.... so if i quit the business a few years from now, i will be covered down the line. but who know's i may switch to FREA, if I am successful... I will probably upgrade my coverage as well.

I am just hoping to break even, being my first year......