DOE Home Energy Score

I’m sure everyone is aware of the DOE’s home energy score pilot program. If you’re not here is a short description:

Whether we support it or not, it appears that this system is going to be mainstream within about a year. So, my question is: does anyone know what licensing/credentials are going to be required in order to perform these ‘energy audits’?

BPI and/or RESNet certification.

Thank you

In order to use the Home Energy Scoring Tool and generate a Home Energy Score, a qualified assessor must meet the following requirements:

  • Be certified by the Building Performance Institute (BPI) or by a Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) Provider, and
  • Complete and receive a passing grade on DOE’s Home Energy Scoring Tool online training module and test.