Does anyone check?

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Did a search for Ohio and I checked the “first” name listed, I used 43220 for the zipcode. Should I check more? Does this hurt NACHI? Wonder why I have not joined yet?

Jeff Judy Examination Services Columbus, OH (614) 899-0945 E-Mail | Web

http://www.examinationservices.50g.com/

Our Examination Pro was certified under code 4113.05 and the National association of Certified Home Inspectors

ORC (the Ohio Revised Code):

? 4113.05. Certain defenses not available.

In all actions described in section 4113.03 of the Revised Code the negligence of a fellow servant of the employee is not a defense where the injury or death was in any way caused or contributed to by any of the following causes:

Any responses?

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Mike,

I am not following you on this one. I am not sure how this guy was certified by NACHI code 4113.05 when no NACHI code like that exists.

Can you explain a little better?

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jedwards

Weeelll, Mike, after reading your post, I checked. With a simple web search.

See, no AHJ has a copyright on a number. Since Jim and Judy (I don't know 'em, can't vouch for 'em) are located in Columbus, Ohio (confirmed this at FindAnInspector.us), maybe this is what 4113.05 refers to...

http://www.bpcnet.com/cgi-bin/hilite.pl/codes/columbus/_DATA/TITLE41/Chapter_4113_PERMITS_AND_FEES/4113_05_Permits__Revocation_.html

Now, there's no language in there that I can find about certification, but it does seem to define some of the authority of a building inspector in Columbus, Ohio. And maybe one or both of them, and/or one or more of their employees, is certified as a building inspector in Columbus. And maybe not. Or, maybe that's a misquoted reference in their web site. It's been known to happen.

No offense, but I think I'd ask a few more questions-- maybe of the business owners themselves, or the AHJ-- before seeking to discredit them and/or an organization they belong to on that org's website.

Thanks for the heads-up, though.

--
John Edwards
Assurance South, LLC home page
Pre-Paid Legal Services

I think it is misleading since there is no certification in Ohio. I assumed the ORC when they said code.

As far as Columbus the last I heard was that they were going to register HIs when a state law gets passed.

What caught my eye was that they were specific in the "code" reference.

I just do not like those who mislead the public. I do not want that "used car salesman" title given to what I do. Do you?

It wasn't like I went through the roster to find someone doing something wrong. I was just starting to see who would be operation near me.

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Mike P,

Why don't you call them and ask them about this part of their web site. I would certainly entertain that it could be misleading maybe even written in a way that only they are understanding and the rest of us are left blank.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Since this coud bring discredit to NACHI, its an ethical question. I’ll handle this one and let you know the outcome.

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Joe F.

"Since this coud bring discredit to NACHI, its an ethical question. I'll handle this one and let you know the outcome."

While we disagree I am glad that you see the implications of this. Thank you.

I know that some think that I should have contacted the persons above, but being professionals I think that we would make sure that "specific" claims made by "us" would be checked by "us" before we made those claims.

Mike P.