Does this sound like a scam?

I received an email from a women inquiring about an inspection. I asked for the phone number to talk about the details. Here is the response I got back:

I am sorry for the late response I had to make sure everything is in place about a better date for the inspection so we decided on Thursday 11th 9am,please check your schedule and let me know if the date is convenient with you. I am OK with the quote and i would have everything put in place for the inspection,first of all i will like you to know that the house is an off market sales and it is been sold by the owner and not by Realtor,I would like you to know the house will be vacant this weekend,I want you to know that the caretaker will send me the code in the contractor lock box and you can go there for the inspection and I might be present during the inspection,I will like to know what kind of credit cards you accept for payment so i can make the payment asap,I would have to seek a little favor from you and i would be happy if you can be able to grant me the favor i seek from you.Due to my present health condition,i would provide you my credit card details for you to charge for the total cost of the service and also i would like you to charge an extra sum of money which would be sent to the caretaker who would take care of getting utilities transferred over, termite contract for the house,I am sorry if i am asking for too much but i would have forwarded the balance to him myself but i am held down with health issues right now and am still at the hospital and the caretaker stated he wants the balance by bank transfer that’s why i am seeking your favor on this,i would be willing to compensate you if you can assist me on this.

Your urgent response would be appreciated.

I again asked for a phone number and never got a reply…

Does this sound like a scam? YES!

I found another poster who got the exact same email…what would the scammer get out of this?

They want you to charge “their credit card” extra, then send “their care taker” a check for the difference. By the time the credit card company lets you know that the card number was stolen and the rightful owner is disputing the charges, your check to them has cleared.

That’s the deal! Its been around for years.

Cheers