Dominic working on a new CanNACHI logo.

CACHI…thats pretty catchy…ha ha. It was funny at first.

Nice job on the logo though. When’s the decals arriving for our trucks?

That was my point of post 2. Unfortunately, someone apparently thought I wanted to get rid of NACHI.

Dominic working on a… 11/2/08 4:56 AM can mark

How can I join CanNACHI?

Thats a very good logo.
By the way what happened to the logo you had a couple of years ago? And has this association changed names?

Frank what do you care you are not even a member?

It suggests a home base in Canada. Much more appealing for Canadian clients than InterNachi, IMO. Smart move.

John Kogel
www.allsafehome.ca

Has this logo been approved for use?

I believe so, but Allen can confirm.

Who is Allen, and how can I contact him?

Allen Cavdek, he posted earlier in this thread. Send him a PM.

Rodney,we shall keep you posted, a lot is happening in Canada with nick and us that will benifit all members across Canada and to answer your question the logo is in process of a trademark as well and will be approved shortly.
Keep watching in the near future for further developements
Allen

I approve “of it” Rodney!!
Anything with a Canadian flag on it really doesn’t need approval dude!

Keep me posted as well dude!

Some day…Some one, some where will design a logo that will incorporate an individuals business and the association together. Only makes sense to me. Why would anyone want to advertise an association and not their own business.

Incorporate the two and kill two birds with one stone and design a logo that a NACHI member can easily incorporate their business also.

For example: 360 Degree Home Inspections - NACHI Compliant.

I advertise both.

Yes you do. But not as one dual logo. Your logo reflects your business only and not NACHI.

What I was talking about is one general logo that is designed to incorporate your individual business and NACHI.

Nice website, Dave.

John b.

http://www.canadianheritage.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/sc-cs/commuse_e.cfm Mario make sure you post factual information which are continually prone not to do! Commercial use of emblems Use of the arms and of the flag of Canada for commercial purposes The arms and the flag of Canada are protected by The Trade-marks Act (Statutes of Canada Chapter T-13) against unauthorized use for commercial purposes. “9. (1) No person shall adopt in connection with a business, as a trade mark or otherwise, any mark consisting of, or so nearly resembling as to be likely to be mistaken for… e) the arms, crest or flag adopted and used at any time by Canada or by any province or municipal corporation in Canada in respect of which the Registrar has at the request of the Government of Canada or of the province or municipal corporation concerned, given public notice of its adoption and use…” Requests for permission to use the National Flag of Canada should be forwarded to: Director State Ceremonial and Corporate Events Department of Canadian Heritage Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5 Tel: (819) 994-1616 Fax: (819) 997-8550 Nota: A sketch of the intended use must be submitted. Requests for permission to use the Arms of Canada should be forwarded to: Federal Identity Program Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R5 Tel: (613) 957-2533 Fax: (613) 946-5187 Use of the 11-point maple leaf By Order in Council P.C. 1965-1623 (dated September 2, 1965), any person may use a design or trademark incorporating the maple leaf that forms part of the flag of Canada on the condition that: 1. the use of the design or trademark conforms to good taste; 2. an applicant for the registration of such design or trademark disclaims, in his application, the right to the exclusive use of the maple leaf; and 3. the owner of such design or trademark will not attempt to prevent anyone else from using the maple leaf. “Canada” Wordmark The “Canada” wordmark is the global identifier of the Government of Canada and is protected under the Trade-marks Act. For more information: Federal Identity Program Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R5 Tel: (613) 957-2533 Fax: (613) 946-5187 Use of Canadian symbols abroad as an element of a foreign trademark Under Article 6.ter of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property (Stockholm text, 1967), “(1)(a) The countries of the Union agree to refuse or to invalidate the registration, and to prohibit by appropriate measures the use, without authorization by the competent authorities, either as trademarks or as elements of trademarks, of armorial bearings, flags, and other State emblems, of the countries of the Union, official signs and hallmarks indicating control and warranty adopted by them, and any imitation from a heraldic point of view.” “(9) The countries of the Union undertake to prohibit the unauthorized use in trade of the State armorial bearings of the other countries of the Union when the use is of such a nature as to be misleading as to the origin of the goods.” Pursuant to paragraph 3 of Article 6.ter Canada has notified to the World Intellectual Property Organization its wish to protect the Canadian flag, coat of arms and 11-point red maple leaf emblem against unauthorized use. Requests for registration should be forwarded to: Director State Ceremonial and Corporate Events Department of Canadian Heritage Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5 Tel: (819) 994-1616 Fax: (819) 997-8550 Nota: A sketch of the intended use must be submitted.

Hi John,

I think the problem would be that the logo would have to be quite large to incorporate both. I think many people just have multiple logo’s on their sites. I see many inspectors with their company logo, their IACQ, InterNACHI, training school, etc.

It’s something to think about though!

Here in Canada we put a snowplow in front of the engine.
Nifty idea-eh?
T.Neyedli
www.alphahomeinspections.ca