DOOM - It Ain't Just For Florida Anymore

Your right Mikey, no one knows for sure how much money the Mormon church pumped into its illegal political campaign to defeat Prop-8 but you can bet your @ss many people are working on uncovering all of the filthy details as we speak. I have a hunch when all is said & done the number will be simply staggering.

Correct me if I am wrong but the mormon church is the biggest land owner in the State of Florida.

joey is making claims he has so far been unable to substantiate.

But when the facts are not on his side he tends to make them up.

Mikey, what facts are you talking about, let’s research it together, no? You don’t think this thing is somehow going away, do you? We are in the process of what is commonly called an ongoing investigation, and for sure I will keep you posted… You can friggin’ count on it. :smiley:

It’s like this joey.

You made the accusation based on no evidence and now you are unwilling to admit that that is exactly what you have done.:shock:

Piffle Mikey, why just two days ago new evidence surfaced. This is just the beginning let the process work.

New Evidence Mormons Illegally Contributed to Yes on 8

**From **American News Projec](http://americannewsproject.com/)

By Steven Greenstreet on Jan 14, 2009

Activists claim that money from the Mormon Church was the deciding factor in passing Proposition 8 in California - banning gay marriage. The church claims to have only spent a few thousand dollars on the campaign, but ANP has uncovered evidence that may expose a gaping hole in that claim. Also, the IRS forbids religious organizations from “substantially” lobbying for political legislation. Did the Mormon Church violate this law?

See the Red above

Ongoing investigation, it will go to court and a judge will decide, mark your calender we will revisit this issue many times over the next year.

Activists have been claiming for years that 9/11 was an inside job.

Do you believe them too?

Back to the topic…

Kentucky Unemployment Fund Running Dry
Dated: 01/16/2009 07:40:48

FRANKFORT, KY - Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear said the state only has enough money to cover about two weeks of unemployment payments.

The governor said a huge increase in the number of jobless claims is depleting the state’s unemployment insurance trust fund.

He said the state has about $50 million in the fund right now. That’s down from $116 million in December.

Governor Beshear said he has asked the U.S. Department of Labor to provide Kentucky a line of credit to help meet the demand.

The governor said all eligible unemployed Kentucky residents will still get unemployment benefits.

Rhode Island unemployment fund in dire shape
01:00 AM EST on Thursday, January 15, 2009
By Katherine Gregg
Journal State House Bureau

PROVIDENCE — The state fund that pays unemployment benefits is “very likely” on the brink of insolvency and potentially unable to pay benefits past March without a $15-million loan.

That was the message that top administrators of the state Department of Labor and Training brought to the State House yesterday as they sought legislative permission to borrow the $15 million, in April, from a temporary disability insurance fund that has already been tapped once this year to pay state bills and subsequently replenished.

Put on a happy face… :smiley:

Texas among states facing 2009 Unemployment Insurance Fund deficits
By HEATHER NOLAN
January, 9, 2009

Every day for the last few weeks, Percy Haynes has spent hours in front of a computer at Workforce Solutions South-east Texas in downtown Beaumont searching for a warehouse or refinery job.

Right before Christmas, Haynes, 33, said he lost his job at Kelly Services, a temporary staffing agency with an office in Beaumont.

“They say jobs are available, and there’s ads in the newspaper, but when I go out there, they say there’s nothing,” he said. “Some places have told me I’m overqualified. That’s something you hate to hear.”

Haynes is among thousands of job-seeking people in Southeast Texas and across the country, hoping to no longer rely on the state-funded Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund for unemployment benefits.

States would like residents to find work as well, since many are facing critical shortfalls in their Unemployment Trust Fund accounts in 2009.
According to the National Conference of State Legislators, five states have Unemployment Trust Fund accounts re-serves of less than three months to cover benefits.

Another eight states have reserves of less than six months, and six states have less than a year in reserve, according to the group.

The U.S. Department of Labor recommends that states maintain a balance to sufficiently cover benefits for one year during a typical recession.

Texas Workforce Commission spokeswoman Ann Hatchitt said Texas is not in nearly as much trouble, but the state’s Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund is $144 million short of what’s needed to get through 2009.

HD Interview On Economy 4

Commercial real estate 40 cents on a dollar.

As predicted.

Gotta love the NYT:roll:

They report that 39% of poll respondents think we are headed in the right direction.

Great, but they also report that 53% think we are headed in the wrong direction?

I have to go lie down. My head seems to have picked up a spin.:shock:

So much for upbeat news.

Mortgage delinquencies soar in the U.S.](http://www.reuters.com/article/gc03/idUSTRE5363EV20090407)
Tue Apr 7, 2009 9:54am EDT

By Helen Chernikoff
NEW YORK (Reuters) - More U.S. consumers are falling behind on their mortgages, an indication that the housing market has yet to hit bottom, a top credit bureau executive told Reuters…

Isn’t that how we got here in the first place?