Doorhangers Are Trash

Originally Posted By: John Murray
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Thanks, guys for your input.

I have to agree that some people would get offended and others would

throw them away. It doesn’t seem that doorhangers had one favorable response here so with that, I think I’ll forgo them. icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: mcraig

I have used door hangers and found it is how you use them. I don’t put them on any home driving down the street. I only use them in new home development areas. When you got to an area where new homes are being built you will find that there are some that were just built and already have a sale sign on them next to all the homes under construction. I put door hangers on these homes. I have had 5 customers by doing this so far in 2 months. What happens is that some one comes in to look at these new homes and they see the one with the for sale sign on it. they go up to it to look in the windows etc… and see the door hanger on it then it gives them something to think about, Other people are looking at the houses being built they see the door hanger and they think “wow there is a Home Inspector out here that can check this house out for us” they think you are the recommended HI because all the houses in this development have your door hangers on them. This works for me (there are many new home developments in the Phoenix area we are one of the fastest growing markets in the US. icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

That would not work in my state as all new homes are inspected by law. It’s a new law that just passed in December to get rid of the “two guys and a hammer construction company”.

The inspections are: Foundation, underground plumbing, rough framing, electrical rough-in, plumbing rough-in, insulation and venting, finishes and final inspection...8 different trips!

Sorry about getting off topic.

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: dkeough

Hi Kevin

Most states inspect the houses as they go. The building official can miss some things. I did a new construction house last week,
Two of the tubs had the hot and cold water reversed. One electrical outlet was not installed properly and the garage door automatic reverse was not working.
Even though the city passed everything for the c/o there still can be some things that were overlooked.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

That was the code in my state for communities greater than 2500. Before this passed, small communities could opt out for obvious reasons (no building inspector) Now, no communities can opt out. The contractor or owner has to hire a 3rd party home inspector (me hopefully if I get all the certifications).

Most people buying homes in rural areas had “assumed” their homes were inspected but were in fact, not…now they have to be. A boon for home inspectors!

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: John Murray

mcraig wrote:
This works for me (there are many new home developments in the Phoenix area we are one of the fastest growing markets in the US. ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Michael,
I lived in Phoenix for 2 years and I can see your point on these doorhangers working out there. For some reason people are more
open to ads there. Where I moved 2 is probably a different story (Ohio).
I used to see doorhangers for everything out in Phoenix but, here I so none. I still think the concept is good but, I guess it all depends where you live. Someone here said they just throw doorhangers in the trash. They live on the opposite side of the country and probably live in an area where it is some kind of invasion of privacy and rude to leave doorhangers. I'm afraid that I might be in that type of area. This is what is confusing me a bit. How could one side welcome doorhangers as information and an possible opportunity to save money and the other almost take it personally and possibly get angry at someone leaving the doorhanger?

Originally Posted By: mcraig

You hit the nail on the head different marketing works different in different parts of the country. I have been Posting with Russel Kirk on several Marketing threads and we have found a lot of difference between states. I make a killing with my Fax machine out here, but I am accused of Spam if I email people ( is this weird or what?) Most Realtors here work out of store fronts and there homes it is all most a waist of time to go out and try to meet them yet you can go to Marketing meetings they set up and meet 100’s of them? Read the marketing post in the boards there is a lot of good information icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif