Double Tap

NOTE: A certain percentage of home inspectors dismount the dead front to be able to observe the inside of the panel to insure it meets the manufactures and code compliance.

Question; Is there is a latent hazard in the currently acceptable Federal Pioneer Limited “Stab Loc” 125 amp 120/240 volt first point of distribution?

You be the judge.
For the moment I am the plaintiff.

[quote=“tsteiner, post:19, topic:85591”]

We don’t see many Federal Pioneer Panels here in the US, /QUOTE]

What stands out about Federal Pacific Electronic “Stab Loc” Panels & Breaks Terry?

Do you come across FPE panels?
If so the panels may look similar to FPL.

If a home in the US of A was built between 1950 and 1990 and equipped with Federal Pacific Electric (FPE) panel “Stab-Lok” circuit breakers, a significant risk of breaker malfunction and fire is increased.
NOTE: Do not dismount the dead-front! You could be held liable having been the last person whom entered the panel.

I am curious. I have read about them but as yourself I have not observed one as of yet.
This dilemma, “Stab Loc” FPE and FPL has many new homies to the MB, message board.
Read more

My responses in blue.

grommets are ok.

The breaker is a Federal Pacific Electrics GFCI and double taped.
Federal Pacific B are known to ignite.
They are more prone to failure once tripped.
That one is double tapped.

They have no UL rating and the company closed.

Observation: A non compliant FPE GFCI Stab-Loc breaker in the Federal Pioneer Limited Stab-Loc first point of service panel.

NOTE: Federal Pacific Electrics panels & breakers have been discontinued. The beakers are recalled.
FPE Stab-Lok circuit breaker has a very unusually high **rate of failure to trip **(and because there are other bus and panel design defects and failures) these electrical panels should be replaced. Period.

The breaker in the box is double tapped for one. I can not reval the rest yet. The purchase and contract are still active.

Recommend: A licensed RBQ electrical company evaluate the panel and breaker and make any recommendations. The GFCI breaker be removed at once.