Dryer vent

'Tis true, but I thought I’d let you go first. That way I don’t look so overbearing, always right, etc. I’m trying to be less active in order to improve my reputation (you know, those little green box thingies). :margarit:

Very good.

So those in your neighborhood take three years to clog? You must have some good systems there. Here? A year, 18 months at the most. :shock: Might have something to do with the weather, I guess.

There are some manufacturer’s instructions which caution against vertical vents, especially long vertical vents.

Washer/dryer combinations are the worst because they typically are installed in condominium towers, and the blower motors just don’t have enough power to get moist, lint-laden air up through those flues. And then when one finds the vertical, accordion plastic flue, all bets are off. Period.

Thanks for bringing up a good topic.

Weather should not enter the pic out your way the vent should not clog for at least 10 years I understand that they do not wear clothes in your area:roll:

At least some credit is due to some of the local contractors as they will use a rectangular duct that will just fit between the wall studs and transition to round pipe in the attic and some will still install sheet metal screws??? at the bottom where the round pipe adapter is connected Thus voiding the size of the riser. If you ever have to clean out one of these vents of the rectangular shape you better have one of the wheel barrows that have the double wheels in front.:slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG>