Dryvit

Hi. Carl, hope you are fine.

Just read the Article of the 2005, and found it very interesting that mis-installed products as such can go that far. Is it possible that Contractors out there are left to install these products without controlled inspections by the Manufactures??

How about AHJ’s, don’t they monitor installations of the sort??

Noticed a job being done in my town the other day, and notice the the EIFS system was being used and applied directly on the OSB, and wondered to myself, seems like some sort of rain screen should be applied first.
What are your thoughts on this??

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG>

Patirck, I am going to be there and I am sure there will be others there who will have alot of input also. Hopefully it will help everybody in the future.

Marcel, The manufactures do not seem to care as long as they sell product and getting them all on the same page to worry about the end product seems to be a very big joke. Because if things are not installed to mfgrs. specs they have no liability. And for the most part I think they like it that way. None of them understand the concept of metal flashing/drip cap. And ship lap construction.

http://www.badstucco.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=481

Noticed a job being done in my town the other day, and notice the the EIFS system was being used and applied directly on the OSB, and wondered to myself, seems like some sort of rain screen should be applied first.
What are your thoughts on this??

They were not putting a sealer on the OSB? They have some on the market and they paint it on with a roller. I feel it needs a moisture barrier and drainage plane. Do you by chance have any pictures ?

This owner said the builder told them the OSB (oriented sponge board) was supposed to be waterproof, call the manufacturer…:stuck_out_tongue:

This is where it will be in the near future. Does anyone have this in the KC metro?

http://www.buildscanir.com/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_itemId=37

Marcel,
This is a good drainage plane behing felt. IMO

http://pactivpartners.pactiv.com/productcatalog/Rooms/DisplayPages/LayoutInitial?Container=com.webridge.entity.Entity%5BOID%5BB2C03C5D60EBD611A47E0002A5FBF6DF%5D%5D

What is wrong with good old tar paper?..:stuck_out_tongue:

Dale,
Nothing IMO but with stucco / EIFS the pactiv behind it provides a good drainage plane.](*,) =D>

But then again I do not work for Dupont and or Fortifiber.

Water is not supposed to get behind it!..](,) ](,)

Rain is supposed to run off the surface, not in back of the surface…:wink:

There is water on the inside trying to get out in some climates!

Water is not supposed to get behind it!.. Thats right but we all know it does!

It’s a damn good thing we don’t get much rain, there would be a lot of sorry folks…:mrgreen:

Carl I took a picture of a dryvit job underway, but I have never posted a picture before. I tried but not sure if it went through.

Marcel:) :slight_smile:

If at first you don’t suceed, try and try again I guess. ha. ha.

Carl, this one’s for you.

One more time.

By golly, I think I have just graduated from the first grade of computers. ha. ha.

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley:

Thanks Marcel,

Here is a link to some at bastucco along with lick and stick stone and the [inspector] he might be a city codes official!](*,) :smiley:

http://www.badstucco.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=590

Would you think that the City Code Officer needs a course in Construction Principals and Methods and the Building Contractors need to have a heavy duty class in Construction Fundamentals and the Basics of the Residential Building Envelope System. Also, how to proceed to follow Manufacturers Specifications on a particular product. Maybe they can’t read. ha. ha.

</IMG></IMG>

The faux stone is located in St. Louis mo.

The builder, codes officials,the people who installed the stone all need to be neutered! IMO
And lets not leave out the roofers! Counter flashing faux stone {STUPID}

Carl;
You are probably right, but I would imagine in today’s world it is most likely hard to fight City Hall, even with factual elements at hand. I do not know what the answer is unfortunately, and wish that something could be done to alleviate this, but then on the other hand it would be taking work away from Hi’s right. That’s OK by me, but probably not a consenses.

Take care.

</IMG></IMG>

I got back from taking Tom’s class on EIFS Monday. VERY informative and instructive. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about this system.

did you contact your insurance company ? many have a rider or extra charge if you do EFIS inspections