Dual HI Association Memberships

For all Nick talks about ASHI being a diploma mill, what about the fact that INACHI membership has risen from 500 to over 1000 in the last six months in Florida (all due to the pending legislation). I dont see any other association rising that fast.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f2/u-s-member-year-45823/

It all seems to be focused on the ASHI diploma mill debate. If any other association had similar entrance requirements I’m sure he would go after them to.

What about it Will? That’s great. However all states have different views on associations. Here in MO NACHI has very little presence if any. It’s all ASHI here.

And they are counting on that presense, next month in Missouri. You are next on the list.

Bring it on Gary. I’m not afraid of any test nor a license. I understand your position and I respect it however no license or a license doesn’t effect me either way. I will however fight against it as much as I can however if I loose it won’t drive me out of business. I try my best to run a quality business and I keep tight records. My first year in St. Louis and luckily knock on wood no complaints yet. I think it’s due to following the SOP and treating my clients as if each and everyone was a member of my family. I do everything I can to the best of my abilities to protect their wallet when it comes to purchasing the biggest investment of their life.

I too have thought about joining a$hi just to shut-up some agents and other inspectors that are members. Seems like a good business decision, and purely a business one. To those that believe that contractors are doing inspections for free in FL, I know several contractors that do them, but none for free. These are both just a credibility issue and in actuality have no bearing on the worth of the inspection. The appearance of a certification or qualification does bring business though. Joining
As*hi or dropping my contractors license would not have an effect on my reports but would affect my bottom line though.

One thing to remember.

As a state licensed HI, I only HAVE to conform with the laws of my state in order to practice. Being a member of NACHI has helped me get more business, not (totally) because of a NACHI membership being a good marketing decision, but because of the training, information and education that NACHI (and our chapter) provides to make me a better inspector.

A dual membership, in ASHI, at this point in my career, would provide me withs come additional marketing and sales clout, but not much in the way of training or education or improving my professionalism. So, if I joing ASHI, it would only be to provide me with more marketing exposure.

Hope this helps;

Will,
That is exactly why I would join ASHI myself. And it is the only reason.

And if if that decision required me to leave NACHI because it did not give me the marketing exposure that ASHI does, then so be it…

Will,

I said this for years on the this board and got drilled every time. I’m glad to see others see it as a marketing tool as well. If belonging to another association can result in a remarkable return on your investment, which it did, then why not? I left a year ago only because of injury and out of work. I was also very fortunate in the education arena as the Lombard chapter has some of the most knowledgeable inspectors hands down. Corey, Chuck, etc; :wink: I’m not advocating that everyone get up and join today, but if an INACHI member’s only reason not to join is peer pressure then they live in fear.

Hello Dale, :cool:

Yes, the medical salespeople said my left shoulder was shot for good but with a full recovery I’ll be inspecting soon.

While this idea has merit and would probably destroy ASHI as a national association (they would still have active chapters in St Louis, PA, Chicago and Kansas) this is only a rumor with no truth to it.

Here is my advice…if it’s about NACHI and you have not heard it from Nick…don’t form conclusions.

Billy doesn’t know Nick well enough to understand how Nick “thinks out loud” sometimes.

NACHI is not ousting dual members and has no plans to…but if you ARE a dual member and your ASHI logo is more predominant than your NACHI logo on any page on your site, you will be deleted from the membership roles without notice.

My guess is that, right now, there are guys THINKING they hold dual membership but who, in reality, do not.

His words not mine. I hope he’s just bluffing. As you can see most will do what’s best for thier business. I truly enjoy NACHI and think Nick has done great things however NACHI inspectorseek has not done much of anything for my business and that’s why I’ve always had plans to be a duel member. Right now I just don’t know what to think of his comments.

Basically he says he has found a way legally to block all renewals or new applications from members who are registered ASHI members.

Billy,

What Nick told you is that he can…not that he will.

Like I said…Nick would be the one to tell the world of such a dramatic act as this. It is simply a rumor and is not happening.

**We are going to try to implement in March, 2010. **

Sounds like he will to me. Like you said though we’ll see. This message came directly from Nick no one else. Not a rumor Jim.

Correct.

The only ASHI members getting the boot are those with a more prominent display of their ASHI logo than their NACHI logo on their website, and they are simply being deleted from the active membership roster.

My guess is that many are unaware that they have even been deleted.

Jim the email does not state that. It states all ASHI members will be banned. Plain and simple.

legal way to reject all applications and renewals

So what is this the rumor thread?

Why would anyone reveal info from a private email on the board?

If Nick goes forward with this I really don’t think it will hurt ASHI. I receive the ASHI Reporter & see the numbers of new Associates, new Associates with LOGO use & new ASHI Certified Inspectors every month. It is very evident to me that ASHI is here to stay. Also you need to add the State of Ohio to your list Jim.

The letter Billy posted doesn’t look like Nick “thinking out loud” to me.

If this happens. I will miss you NACHI.

I respect Nicks decision however I just hope he changes his mind about it. To me NACHI will loose alot of good inspectors and that’s why I’m here as many others to learn from the best. Nick needs to reconsider.