Dumb Question

Originally Posted By: GaleInnes
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Does a normal inspection by a home inspector include a Termite Inspection, and does that require a seperate form for a Termite Inspection?

Forgive my newbish ways, please, and thank you.

Gale ~ Achieving Success One Friend At A Time. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Gale,

no it's not a bumb question, whether or not a home needs a seperate termite inspection is usually down to the lender, FHA/VHA require that a termite ispection be done in most areas of the country.

If I see termite activity in a non FHA/VHA inspection I put so in the report, with a recomendation that a licensed pest inspector be called to evaluate the home (They always find more damage than I would have done !!)

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: kleonard

Originally Posted By: rbracklow

Gale,

There is no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb mistakes!! ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Ron.

Originally Posted By: jpope

Ahhh. . .

Wise man once tell me. . .

"The only dumb questions are the ones not asked."

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: kluce

I’ll have to disagree with the dumb question question. I did a termite inspection at the same time as a home inspection. My client asked me since I didn’t find anything, could she get her money back for the termite inspection. icon_eek.gif As you can guess, I told her NO. If I didn’t find anything wrong during the home inspection, she might have asked for that money back also.